Charlotte Tech News

KJHburg

Don Peebles in an interview this morning on FoxBusiness talking about Amazon's decision to pull out of NYC mentioned Charlotte.  He is of course involved in Brooklyn redevelopment and said Amazon should reconsider District of Columbia and Charlotte (again!)  I am not sure this was wishful thinking or he had NBA All Star weekend on his mind but mentioning Charlotte and Amazon on national business TV was interesting.  He was being interviewed by Charles Payne standing in on Maria Bartiromo's show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Charlotte founded and based MapAnything is being acquired by its partner in its mapping software Salesforce.   Article does not say what will become of the Charlotte office but I would think they would keep it as Salesforce has done that with most companies they can acquire.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/17/salesforce-is-buying-mapanything-a-startup-that-raised-over-84-million/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Fantastic! And for those who don't know, this is REAL 5G, or getting very close to it. Not that crap at&t tried to pass of as 5g a little while ago.

The only downside is that the 5G capable phones and the plans will be a good bit more expensive. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I can't figure out who 5g is targeted at. Since 4g rolled out, I have literally never thought my connection was slow, even streaming good quality video.

It's a good marketing tool.  Similar to 4K which unless you're viewing at optimal distances commensurate to the size of the screen you don't really get much benefit from.  Just the latest and greatest thing people to buy into.  Coming from someone who used to be an early adopter to any sort of tech!

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1