FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

1 minute ago, dylansukkert said:

I wonder if this will block some of the view from Graham St Pub or make it even better. With more and more tailgate lots disappearing I would love to see that deck redeveloped and have some pregame bars in it. 

If the view is partially blocked, they will gladly take it for all of the additional customers they are getting.  Their timing was excellent.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do you all think this Tower development will add to the area foot traffic any?  Can be somewhat desolate at times walking down Graham St. at MLK.

without a doubt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Squid7085 said:

Was a little surprised to see this mural go up. First thought that the tower was delayed, but I suppose it will make it through the season and beyond before construction would ever start covering it up. Still, it is a pretty cool picture that work probably work better on a bare unsightly wall that is going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. I guess it is not my money being spent, so meh.

IMG_8718.JPG

Are they digging a basement for this tower? If that's the case I could see this mural lasting a while. I remember 300 South Tryon taking forever to even get back to surface level.

Are they digging a basement for this tower? If that's the case I could see this mural lasting a while. I remember 300 South Tryon taking forever to even get back to surface level.

One floor under ground. Probably $7-8 psf to do this “mural” plus $1000 to the designer. plus renting a scissor lift, not that expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Squid7085 said:

Was a little surprised to see this mural go up. First thought that the tower was delayed, but I suppose it will make it through the season and beyond before construction would ever start covering it up. Still, it is a pretty cool picture that work probably work better on a bare unsightly wall that is going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. I guess it is not my money being spent, so meh.

IMG_8718.JPG

I have a Panthers scrapbook of all the games I go to (yes, I’m one of those obsessive fans). I always take a group pic with whoever accompanies me, I always save my tickets and game programs. I include those 3 items in each page of the scrapbook. I’m still in my 20’s, so I’m forseeing that it’ll be something neat to reflect on with any future children. Point being, I have a new cool backdrop provided by this mural for my group pic next weekend against the Bengals when I go to Charlotte. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Panthers are in a league of their own. They're the only team that can choke-proof the Falcons.

I gave up on that game and went to get groceries.  Store manager saw me in my Sam Mills jersey and was like, my dude, you don't think they're gonna come back?  Maybe, but Panthers gonna Panther just as much as Falcons gonna Falcon when it comes to the ATL.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...