FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

9 minutes ago, Scribe said:

On another note, does anyone else feel like this project stalled over the past few weeks?

Its not, but I agree it just looks like it.  You can see changes though.  There is just so much foundation and core work. So much rebar and concrete  forming  at the base .  It appears they are almost done with this stage and another 2/3 weeks might really start to  grow.

• Like 1

Its not, but I agree it just looks like it.  You can see changes though.  There is just so much foundation and core work. So much rebar and concrete  forming  at the base .  It appears they are almost done with this stage and another 2/3 weeks might really start to  grow.

First 7 floors will take a long time. Parking decks take a while when they are not snapped together piece by piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dubone said:

For some reason, I had assumed they would build without a parking deck and lease from the mega deck next door.   Are they really building a deck on this tiny parcel?!

Duke and the Residence Inn use that whole deck.  I'm on the waiting list for a spot in that parking deck and have been for months.

• Like 1

I almost said maybe it will be torn out for a taller tower, but Northwood Ravin is only bothering to go for 10 stories after wiping out some history.  

Residence Inn isn't the worst ground level.  A hotel bar has the patio which isn't too bad, but maybe a more welcoming entry to the street could even help them get some business that they won't get as is.    https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2270161,-80.8492556,3a,75y,322.78h,81.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9Xo4QAzIpfTrwPXIjVXOiA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

cltru-pub-0095-hor-feat.jpg?interpolatio

• Like 3

My friend is food and beverage manager there. It is a great gig for a man with many years in restaurant business because there is not a restaurant as such. Breakfast takeaway or eat in, drinks and fruit all day, happy hour snacks and such, plus the bar with bar food, and groups may request food for their function. Way easier than running a restaurant 10 am to 1 am. Plus he can delegate much of this because the preparation list for each day is way less than a full restaurant, and deliveries are less. He loves it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dubone said:

For some reason, I had assumed they would build without a parking deck and lease from the mega deck next door.   Are they really building a deck on this tiny parcel?!

Omg I truly hate this about this building tho I love this building at the same time. I like the height and size but I hate tiny parking garages that go up so high vertically but have so little footprint. Reminds me of Ascent and that is just...ehh looks like it won’t last for many decades to come.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I don't think it looks like that bad and they are not depending on nonexistent vines to cover and hide the deck.

Here is a video with some great views

https://vimeo.com/296532107/83a9e4692d

Yeah it’s not bad but I just can’t get past a parking deck being surrounded by another one literally right there. But I get it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 12:40 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

If you look closely - Looks like the photographer actually caught the aftermath of  a vehicle accident.

Probably were distracted by the man wearing a full on cowboy costume, perched atop a 17 hand tall black stallion, taking the photo. Because this awesome sight took their attention, they collided.  @Urban Cowboy

3 hours ago, NOLA2CLT said:

really wish FNB could have pushed this building a bit higher...it is going to be a great building, just wanting it to be a bit taller than 365..

I think it will definitely feel and appear taller than that though...just because it's going to tower over everything over there.  It's taller than everyone within a block or so radius (element, catalyst, ascent, etc).  Little Graham St Pub hit the jackpot.