FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

It is almost a race between which tops out first FNB Tower or the Lennar Ellis Apartment tower both roughly the same height with the Ellis slightly taller. 

That’s so true - they are currently about the same height.

The Ellis will definitely top out first though because the floor plans are pretty much the same from where they are now (15th floor) to the Top of the Building whereas the FNB Tower still has to change Floorplan layout once they get to the residential portion.  My rough estimates are below after observing both sites progress.

Ellis Tower - Topped out this year between Late Aug 2020 to Late Sep 2020

FNB Tower - Topped out between Dec 2020 to late Jan 2021.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DownEast said:

This one has really been moving too. I love how its going to stretch the skyline in shots from the south. Especially the aerials. I think we will eventually have a nice wall fronting the tracks through town. 

I was thinking about how stretched out it was getting driving down 77 yesterday. With towers in Southend  going up it’s gonna starting feeling more and more like Atlanta.  

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 10:03 AM, Yeahdoug said:

I was thinking about how stretched out it was getting driving down 77 yesterday. With towers in Southend  going up it’s gonna starting feeling more and more like Atlanta.  

It really is. I hope this is the last thing Charlotte will ever be compared to Atlanta with. I like that Charlotte is a well planned city that’s not just a big clusterf**k like Atlanta is lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2