FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

26 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

This is definitely a beautiful building, but the proportions are off depending on the angle you are viewing the building from.

I agree...and the two different shades of glass is interesting too...havent really seen it in person lately though.  I wish the parking deck facade was the same glass as the tower to make it more seamless.  But overall, the height in this area is substantial and really adds another dynamic to the skyline.  If I remember correctly, the only retail is a bank branch unfortunately.  Kind of wish there was at least a coffee/bottle shop or something down there as well.  But with them having to have two lobbies (one for the office portion and one for the residence), kind of understandable with the limited space.  

What's the likelihood of that parking deck really going away?  I know it's been mentioned here before but I could also see them retrofitting the MLK side with some retail like they did with B Good and Rhino market parking deck.  Some retail between Residence Inn and FNB would be nice.  If the deck is going to be replaced someday, the future is very bright for that area.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, RANYC said:

OK - I know you guys love a skyline view from your cars while driving around town, but are any of you regular pedestrians in uptown?  I'd gladly take these buildings as fractions of their current height, if it meant building structures on current surface parking lots in uptown, while at the same time, activating the sidewalks along these lots and creating more pedestrian interest/engagement.

Hopefully all these empty lots Uptown will be built out to improve the Pedestrian experience but I’m sure it will take another 20 years.  Then I’ll be too old to enjoy the walking part...☹️

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Hopefully all these empty lots Uptown will be built out to improve the Pedestrian experience but I’m sure it will take another 20 years.  Then I’ll be too old to enjoy the walking part...☹️

Wheelchair experience is just as important as the pedestrian experience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RANYC said:

OK - I know you guys love a skyline view from your cars while driving around town, but are any of you regular pedestrians in uptown?  I'd gladly take these buildings as fractions of their current height, if it meant building structures on current surface parking lots in uptown, while at the same time, activating the sidewalks along these lots and creating more pedestrian interest/engagement.

I take my pics from both the car as well as a pedestrian. 

• Like 2