FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

On 11/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, turbocraig said:

It's amazing to me that the Vue's grand opening banner is still there after a decade.  

On 11/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, tozmervo said:

Ikr? That's some impressive banner quality. Some of the new apartment buildings won't even last that long :tw_lol:

I heard from a direct source that it cost somewhere around $30-40k

• Like 1

What I find interesting about the FNB site is that it is "protected". Bearden, Ball Park, and Stadium are flanking it and provide just occasional use with next to no risk for future incursion. If Stadium is replaced, a newer, better use will occur on that site improving the status of FNB. Rail lines also protect it from any risk or troubling development on its west side.

The apartment towers facing it will not have competing grand signs of competitors.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

Do they not plan to screen the side facing the deck?

Yeah, they pretty deliberately leave it out of most of the renderings because it is awkward looking, but if you go back and look you can find some renderings showing that the screening is complete.   I know this is an outdated rendering.  I the new renderings screen it a little bit further, but still have a big unscreened section.

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 6.47.37 PM.png

Edited by CTiger
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they’re planning another building right beside it that would hide it completely. Makes sense. Let’s just go with that. Because this building turned out better than I thought and it would be ashame to see all that exposed deck until something replaces the parking structure next to it. Ugh

• Like 3