FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

Can't wait to see this tower from within Truist Ballpark!  Can't find the site plan but is there any retail?  If I remember it was limited with retail, possibly only having an FNB branch?  Was hoping there was a small retail spot for a coffee place or something.  Ground floor retail was limited due to two separate lobbies i think (office & residential).

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Can't wait to see this tower from within Truist Ballpark!  Can't find the site plan but is there any retail?  If I remember it was limited with retail, possibly only having an FNB branch?  Was hoping there was a small retail spot for a coffee place or something.  Ground floor retail was limited due to two separate lobbies i think (office & residential).

Just the bank branch so no real reason to go over there unless you live / work in the building, but looks nice on the skyline and will add some people walking around in a dead zone. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Just the bank branch so no real reason to go over there unless you live / work in the building, but looks nice on the skyline and will add some people walking around in a dead zone. 

That's unfortunate but agree with all your points.  Depending upon the future of that parking deck, wouldn't mind seeing them convert some space between FNB and residence inn hotel with some retail.  Some people on here say the deck will be gone in the future, if so, that would probably be the most ideal scenario which would open up a ton of things for that area.  Regardless, Graham St pub appreciates the future lunch/after work crowd for sure!

4 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

It’s gonna take the destruction of that large parking garage and redevelopment for that area too see major foot traffic. And maybe is Circa had some retail too! Ugh 

• Like 1

Count me in the camp of more excited for this architecture two years ago in the renders. Mediocre how turned out. Bank branch,
170 housing units, 2/3 empty office space dont add to uptown vibrancy either.

Uptown needs to add destination making new development. I can think of none the last 10 years with the closet coming Ally on stonewall with potential.

Glad I just sold my condo. Time to value ratio seems peak at moment or slightly past. Maybe something happens in 3-7 year timeline to change. Anything just outside of 277 I’d rather be in and drop 4-500k on.

Gold line will be a failure. Gateway has potential, 90% chance CLT squanders it though. Tepper and the stadium already priced in with 65% chance thy opt to Foudry land which frankly does more for South End and Freemore.

I’d go out a limb and say uptown is dead for the next 10-15 years. Only thing keeping a pulse is Teppers plans. City should be bending over like a school girl on prom night for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Is there anyway we can petition the Developer to extend the Deck Screening around all visible portions?  This truly detracts from an otherwise nice looking building. 

It does look clumsy / cheap and there are no guarantees any prospective developer of the adjacent parking garage would take into account "covering the neighboring building's garage" into their designs / site plan. 

20 minutes ago, j-man said:

Doesn’t anyone know who owns the hotel/land/deck on this block? And what plans to they have moving forward because I’ve heard the deck won’t be there long? 

Duke Power owns it and I would think after their tower is done on Tryon with its parking garage they may sell it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1