FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

9 hours ago, navigator319 said:

Why would any company looking for office space rent over here in no mans land. Good luck with those five floors. Carry it for 10/15 years and when the duke garage and the residence inn are gone and the stadium is converted for Charlottes MLB team then this will be money. Until then bad ROI.

It's very close to the planned gateway district which when completed will be the transportation hub in uptown, so once that is all built out it'll be very much in the thick of it.  Though like you said, it will probably take 10-15 years for that to materialize.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RANYC said:

No man's land? - across the street from the baseball park and up the road from the football stadium, two of the largest spots for mass assembly in all of uptown?  It's also currently the closest office space to the new Gateway station.  I think "no man's land" is exaggeratively harsh.

Both of those are empty 310+ days a year and don't do nothing for activation and livelihood during the time office workers are using the space and location.  Gateway does not exist.  The building is surrounded by blank dead walls all around in all directions.  My point was though, with all the empty space uptown available there are so many better locations that give your employees access to food/drinks/services/coffee and would also provide a nice view.  Why would any employer choose here over 100 Independence,  300 S. Tryon, Grant Thorton, First Citizens and others.  

52 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Both of those are empty 310+ days a year and don't do nothing for activation and livelihood during the time office workers are using the space and location.  Gateway does not exist.  The building is surrounded by blank dead walls all around in all directions.  My point was though, with all the empty space uptown available there are so many better locations that give your employees access to food/drinks/services/coffee and would also provide a nice view.  Why would any employer choose here over 100 Independence,  300 S. Tryon, Grant Thorton, First Citizens and others.  

I think the developer made a speculative play building this tower which is great and I hope that side of town continues to grow. With that said, unless FNB got a killer deal (they probably did getting their name on the building with only 2 floors) I have no earthly idea why they decided on this building for the points noted above. There is nothing except for graham st. pub

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...