FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to go back a few pages to find this but figured here is better than derailing the Legacy page once more. Some have said they'd like to see more mixed use towers in uptown. Im a fan of this idea as well as I believe it would give the CBD and maybe even south end some additional filler in the density department.  Visually I think it's the factor that's distancing peer city's like Austin from our skyline. This tower came up a few times and I'm curious to know how things are working out. I searched but could only find there's a few  floors of office available. Anyone know how well the leasing is going for the apts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Pull down your skirt FNB Tower.....

I will be glad when someone blocks this view when the old Duke deck comes down and something is built there.  Otherwise I think this tower is good. 

IMG_0617.JPG

Just wish this tower had more lighting at night. It's barely visible at night against the skyline.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Just wish this tower had more lighting at night. It's barely visible at night against the skyline.

did not realize this maybe I have not seen it on the skyline and did not think about it at night.  Maybe they could add something at the very top or something. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The new office space being vacant in the FNB Tower IMO shows the value of being near transit. It is about a 12-15 minute walk to the Blue Line stations, which would significantly add to the commute for workers. It also isn't as close a walk to popular restaurants for a quick bite, making a lunch or coffee break a chore.

With plenty of office square footage closer to transit coming online or available, the FNB Tower offers none of the access conveniences of Uptown like the Blue Line, but all of the downsides like the congestion of driving in Uptown, special events at the stadium making a congestion nightmare employees leave early to avoid, and general frustration trying to get out of garages to go home. Employers might as well pick a more suburban location if everybody is going to drive anyhow given the 12 minute walk to the Blue Line.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, videtur quam contuor said:

What is the occupancy of the residential element of the FNB building?

looks like they have 17 units available according to their website so out of 196 units over 90% occupancy. 

I agree the location might have something to do with it slow office leasing off Tryon in an area away from other offices but I don't think the 4 blocks to LYNX is the problem.  The Line a new office building in Southend along the LYNX and 2 blocks to the LYNX station has multiple floors available as well.  It is the office market in general that is the problem.  If you are going to be uptown most want to be within a block or two of Tryon Street where all the amenities are located.  I am sure they will think long and hard about converting some office floors to apartments.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CLT Development said:

They are negotiating with a couple people for the rest of the space at The Line. I know a few people in the office upfit design business and their business is starting to pick up

Just out of curiosity, are the people you know based in Charlotte or elsewhere?

• Like 2

It actually seems like we have hit a tipping point and office space in most growing markets is stabilized. I think we will see the new space fill out. Some of the uptown office space fill out and then hover around 80% occupancy in SouthEnd and uptown for the next 2-3 years, with no new office starts unless there is a tenant… which we will see a bit of.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

drove by this today and who knows could be the home of TTX?  wherever this company goes it should have its logo on the building if they are looking for 70K sq ft. 

20230711_093748.jpg

Railcars and freight management...will it care much about broad-based brand-building?  Likely follow the path of Nucor and other deep input companies to occupy some class A hamlet in suburbia?

• Like 1