FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

Just looked and it's not approved yet.  Last update was 7/6.  Should be soon would think .  Did they close on the land yet? 

Does the parking numbers look smallish to anyone else for 213 units and 163k office?

# of Residential Units:
# of Parking Spaces:
Office Space:
Retail Space:

Just looked and it's not approved yet.  Last update was 7/6.  Should be soon would think .  Did they close on the land yet? 
Does the parking numbers look smallish to anyone else for 213 units and 163k office?
# of Residential Units: 213 # of Parking Spaces: 391 Office Space: 163000 Retail Space: 2153

I mean it’s tucked into a massive parking deck, so I hope it wouldn’t have too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am excited about this project and the height it will bring to this stretch of MLK. Unique location for an office tower but it does have that residential aspect to it. The overall design is pretty appealing to me but the balcony situation is a little weird. This building will have killer views of basically everything. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Scribe said:

Spoke with a contractor for this project... they have an executed contract in hand, ~Q4 to break ground, did not go into details why. Also, from what he said, all the contractors for the job were lined up and under contract.

Hopeful that we will see this thing break ground in Q4!

Their current construction schedule has them starting at the beginning of October with the structure going vertical in January and topping out end of Q1/beginning of Q2 in 2020 and  final close out by the end of 2020.

Really no balconies, huh.  Seems like a big risk if I were the developer.  Faced with the same price apartment,one with outdoor space vs not, I'd sacrifice what would be marginally anyway they tout as things that make up for it to have my own balcony every time.

Not commenting on the proportions of the building from the new render as I think its an optical illusion at this point.  fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, EngineerCLT said:

1842260760_Pagesfrom2018-07-17401SGrahamRenderings.thumb.jpg.2829330ead45de7fb34f5f29a2a1f52f.jpg

I don't think anyone has posted a rendering from this angle yet so here ya go.

Oops, I've been holding out on you guys for a while. lol. los oltro lados 

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.28.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.28.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.28.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.27.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.27.25 AM.png

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Really no balconies, huh.  Seems like a big risk if I were the developer.  Faced with the same price apartment,one with outdoor space vs not, I'd sacrifice what would be marginally anyway they tout as things that make up for it to have my own balcony every time.

Not commenting on the proportions of the building from the new render as I think its an optical illusion at this point.  fingers crossed.

I think there actually are balconies.  They might just be hard to see in the renderings, but they might be tucked behind the glass curtain.  It looks like there are on the site plans at least - I highlighted them in red here:

FNB.png

^^ I think those are balconies just on that pool deck amenity floor.  If these renderings are correct doesnt look like any above that.   @ricky_davis_fan_21 tell us about the parking garage screening?  I agree it needs it bad. or I will call this Marilyn Monroe tower with the skirt up!

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Question: if one were considering this site for a residence, or any site for that matter, would one surrender inside heated/cooled space for the sake or outdoor space? If the balcony were to mean a smaller living room which would you choose?

I would accept the smaller living room.  Thing is they can only make it so small that in comparison the dramatics of that smaller space I don think would be unacceptably impactful.

The outdoor space is an extension of that living room, which frankly the living rooms in these 750-900sqft 1bdrs are already small and you need that outdoor space to live, entertain, make the price worth it.

I don't have people over a lot and am not a big entertainer, but when I do they all always congregate in the kitchen around the island and outside on balcony 

• Like 2

This reminds me that I was just thinking the other day: the existing parking deck across from the BB&T Ballpark wall on MLK, it would be an ideal extension of a retail street, expecially with Graham St Pub on the corner.
This small block has a street feel similar to Fenway, etc, but only if it got retail across the street from the stadium.
Bummer there's no retail in the FNB tower... but maybe it will encourage the deck to be redeveloped...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Engineer and RDF's renderings don't agree.  Engineer's are at least 2 floors shorter.

The most up to date plans have it at 30 floors (31 levels including the roof) and a total height of 377 feet including the roof level screen wall around the mechanical.

56 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I think there actually are balconies.  They might just be hard to see in the renderings, but they might be tucked behind the glass curtain.  It looks like there are on the site plans at least - I highlighted them in red here:

FNB.png

yes they are balconies, but they only exist on the amenity level.

From what I understand that section of the deck will be screened, never got an answer as to why they didn't screen it in the renderings. As for why the renderings might be different, mine are from May-ish, I just forgot to post them, so EngineerCLTs are likely newer. 

Edited by Guest