KJHburg

FNB Tower 401 S Graham St

^^^ My guess is ground level retail bank branch then parking then office then apartments I think that was what they will do in Raleigh with their 22 story tower. 

• Like 1

Not that I am complaining, but does anyone find it odd that FNB is ancorhing concurrent projects in Raleigh and Charlotte?  Just imagine if FNB was doing all of their expansion in Charlotte...  Oh well, looking forward to seeing some renderings.  Nice to see the skyline continuing to expand away from Trade and Tryon.

• Like 3

^^ Just did a quick search on their available jobs  and they posted the normal banking jobs mortgage etc but then I saw 2 for compliance managers.  This leads me to believe they will or are finding bankers here like US Bank did in very specialized areas that might not want to  relocate to Pittsburgh or Minneapolis in US Bank's case.  Like this

https://fnbcorp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FNBCORP/job/Pittsburgh/Corporate-Compliance-Officer---Pittsburgh-or-Charlotte_2018-03752-1

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

That site looks fairly small for a 31 story building. I'm guessing it's going to be a very thin tower.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I will not be petty.....I will not be petty....I will not be petty..... anywho it’s gonna be a great project. 

Was that directed to the project or an UPer?  I must be missing something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the official press release from FNB of Pittsburgh.  I think this is signal from them they have come to play with the big boys here in Charlotte.  (and NC in general) https://www.fnb-online.com/about-us/news/2018/03/06/18/04/fnb corporation to anchor new charlotte region headquarters building 030618

Do you think it will have signage, like 300 South Tryon?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

I would think so given they are trying to grow here.   The one in Raleigh had their logo at the top or signage

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Was that directed to the project or an UPer?  I must be missing something.

Neither. Don’t worry about it lol

11 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

Yes it will 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

A 30 floor office tower in this corner excluding gateway.  Mind blown. I love the fact we have our first major office tower from Tryon. This is exactly what needs to continue to happen. Office towers moving west and east of Tryon. 

I never really realized that there aren't any major office towers that don't border Tryon or are within' a block of it until you mentioned this.

Does anyone else think this is an interesting choice of location for FNB?  Ground floor branch here specifically.  It is surrounded by blank walls on all sides, bbt, parking garage, etc.  What foot traffic is here?

13 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Does anyone else think this is an interesting choice of location for FNB?  Ground floor branch here specifically.  It is surrounded by blank walls on all sides, bbt, parking garage, etc.  What foot traffic is here?

Someone has to be first is my take on the location.   Hopefully Graham becomes the next 'mini' Stonewall.

32 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This ain’t perfect, but a nice representation of what it’ll look like in the skyline.

Just out of curiousity, is Legacy Union based on 33 floors (since it only recently was revealed it grew to 35)?  Very nicely done.  Wish I had this talent.  I think FNB Tower - Charlotte, will look nice there, and am really excited about that cluster of high rises at the corner of Stonewall and Tryon.  Looking at your rendering, it is amazing how much Legacy Union, Tryon Place, and the Duke Tower alter the skyline; and particularly alter Uptown's presence along 277.

• Like 1

Just out of curiousity, is Legacy Union based on 33 floors (since it only recently was revealed it grew to 35)?  Very nicely done.  Wish I had this talent.  I think FNB Tower - Charlotte, will look nice there, and am really excited about that cluster of high rises at the corner of Stonewall and Tryon.  Looking at your rendering, it is amazing how much Legacy Union, Tryon Place, and the Duke Tower alter the skyline; and particularly alter Uptown's presence along 277.

Haha, no idea, I did this maybe 5 months ago, so probably 33 floors, I’ve since lost the photoshop file so can’t edit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yes seen the rendering, like pnc bank tower with its head chopped off. It’s nice, but not ground breaking. This ain’t perfect, but a nice representation of what it’ll look like in the skyline.
3a091f05b34756dbc185c6bbda7ebe12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the proposed building sounds boring, I think that the PNC tower in Raleigh would look much better without the ridiculous little crown tacked onto one corner.

9E0B1036-1DB9-47B1-9B5E-9D6D34574882.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2