FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

19 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

They just have spent the better part of the last 6-8 months refurbishing this deck.  Work continues.

it occupies 4.825 acres, and has a appraised value of maybe $17M. Its 210k sq feet of parking. As a developable asset, it will trade for nearly $60M. the Legacy Union block surrounded by Church, Tryon, Hill and Stonewall is 4.1 acres and will be home to probably 2.2M sq feet of development when all is said and done. So basically, that parking deck, wedged between two of uptown's 3 biggest entertainment venues,at the terminus of the hottest street, in one of the hottest districts, across the street from the largest development in the history of uptown is not sacred, or safe.

Edited by Guest

When Duke moves into their new tower this deck is like 3 blocks away and I do agree I think this deck will be gone or sold in 5 years.  Duke will have their own deck with the new tower.  when it was built Duke needed parking and this was the FAR edge of uptown and was  built also to provide parking for the Ericsson stadium aka BofA Stadium.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DMann said:

Is the Duke parking garage always full?  I am kind of curious that it wasn't somehow connected to the project.

Personally I think the fact that they were unable to lease back spaces for their tower from Duke and had to build their own deck shows that there might be future plans for this deck to no longer exist.

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Personally I think the fact that they were unable to lease back spaces for their tower from Duke and had to build their own deck shows that there might be future plans for this deck to no longer exist.

That is what I was thinking as well.

12 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

That’s .... not even close to accurate. 

yea... seriously, speaking that Intercontinental just got its superstructure permits, and should FLY now.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, DMann said:

Is the Duke parking garage always full?  I am kind of curious that it wasn't somehow connected to the project.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:06 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I could see it going away, or Tepper buying it for gameday parking and leasing it the rest of the year to uptown workers and residents. I have nothing to back this idea up other than it's well known that the Panthers want more parking, and this is by far the largest parking deck that they could potentially purchase with room to spare.

I personally hope that it goes away.