FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

FNB says Charlotte is a better market for them than Raleigh.  This might be growth in their planned office in their new tower on S Graham.  https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/04/26/fnb-ceo-to-analysts-charlotte-a-better-market-for.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-04-26&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1524771195&j=81252051

So this is planned at 31 stories right now... how often do proposals like these get redrawn to increase the height of a building as opposed to decreasing height? 

Just now, Crucial_Infra said:

So this is planned at 31 stories right now... how often do proposals like these get redrawn to increase the height of a building as opposed to decreasing height? 

I don't think it would change their height but they may take more space in the office portion of the project.  Sometimes towers due to grow if the lead tenant decides to take more.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I see how it is... you have time for FNB tower but not the Moxy hotel?! ;)

haha, I did this a month ago, I started fleshing out Lennar as well, but now I can't get Google Earth to even open :-(

Man, that thing is going to tower over everything over there.  Poor little pub is going to be so small looking lol (but will love the business).  Still a little perplexed about this location vs the empty lot right next to Ascent, but I like the design and like KJH said, gives our skyline even more dimension. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Man, that thing is going to tower over everything over there.  Poor little pub is going to be so small looking lol (but will love the business).  Still a little perplexed about this location vs the empty lot right next to Ascent, but I like the design and like KJH said, gives our skyline even more dimension. 

I actually prefer it when development happens on selected land that is NOT an obvious choice (e.g., Museum Tower, Intercontinental Hotel, etc.), because I feel like significant development is going to inevitably happen on lots like the one you speak of anyway. I like seeing these little nooks not go to waste. If we can get more than 1 tower on the same block (Museum Tower/Intercontinental), then I'm all for it. I'd hate for this lot to be JUST that hideous parking deck. Which I hope they tear down and reconfigure with it being less sprawling and occupying too much of the parcel, btw.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hunted said:

I actually prefer it when development happens on selected land that is NOT an obvious choice (e.g., Museum Tower, Intercontinental Hotel, etc.), because I feel like significant development is going to inevitably happen on lots like the one you speak of anyway. I like seeing these little nooks not go to waste. If we can get more than 1 tower on the same block (Museum Tower/Intercontinental), then I'm all for it. I'd hate for this lot to be JUST that hideous parking deck. Which I hope they tear down and reconfigure with it being less sprawling and occupying too much of the parcel, btw.

Oh I completely agree. The examples you used and the future B Tower 5th st infill project. Love that type of unique infill that aren't just taking the obvious lots to develop.  And I do like this location for this, thinking ahead...gateway station will be in close proximity and will be the closest "bank" to the station.  My inital thought process was that they would prefer to be near the park, ballpark, and the other cluster of stuff merely just for the visibility and foot traffic. Earlier in the thread I thought someone said there would be a branch ground floor. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for taking up a parking lot and covering a deck lol. As all these lots get developed, tailgating is going to become very cozy lol.

• Like 1

I tried to link to the rendering by[mention=17104]ricky_davis_fan_21[/mention] in the above post but failed  I think so I just grabbed his image. Here it is. 
IMG_2581.thumb.JPG.b13cc1582caeba6a3f8f6301e7ccf93c.JPG

It’s using the previous version of this building. If i ever have some time, I’ll draw with he new. I’m also working on a google earth version you can fly around, If I can just get my google earth to function correctly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this render.  I can't believe Charlotte is going to look like this in the very near future.  Coincidentally I was watching Shallow Hal last night (guilty pleasure mostly due to Charlotte) and couldn't help but chuckle at the tiny little city featured in that film.  The QC is really coming along man.

And don't forget, theres still Polk, Gateway Station, and rest of the Legacy Union Buildout. Once Legacy Union is fully built out and DEC #2 is built, the area around Stonewall and Tryon will be way more robust than the Square. Honestly its astounding how much its filled in, just in the past few years. We added a lot of density.

Edited by Guest