FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

12 hours ago, Hunted said:

You'll be able to see Intercontinental and Market 42 from this angle as well.

I suppose you are indeed correct. I really need to find this photoshop file and add these three towers.

19 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

And don't forget, theres still Polk, Gateway Station, and rest of the Legacy Union Buildout. Once Legacy Union is fully built out and DEC #2 is built, the area around Stonewall and Tryon will be way more robust than the Square. Honestly its astounding how much its filled in, just in the past few years. We added a lot of density.

Personally I think that's a good thing.  The square shouldn't be our most active area.  I can think of very few US cities that have an active, buzzing financial district after like, 5pm. 

I used to think the Epicenter could be our "Times/Dundas square".  No longer.  If they don't completely botch Stonewall/Tryon, it should absolutely become it.  Only killer is the convention center stretch of dead wall.  Otherwise you'd have solid action from BOA stadium to the NASCAR HOF.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ah59396 said:

Personally I think that's a good thing.  The square shouldn't be our most active area.  I can think of very few US cities that have an active, buzzing financial district after like, 5pm. 

I used to think the Epicenter could be our "Times/Dundas square".  No longer.  If they don't completely botch Stonewall/Tryon, it should absolutely become it.  Only killer is the convention center stretch of dead wall.  Otherwise you'd have solid action from BOA stadium to the NASCAR HOF.

In addition to the redesign, I hope they attach large screens to the side of the convention center.  I don't even care if it's largely used for commercials (which would pay for itself if they did), I would simply like something to liven that side of the building up and create some interest.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 5:19 PM, ah59396 said:

I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this render.  I can't believe Charlotte is going to look like this in the very near future.  Coincidentally I was watching Shallow Hal last night (guilty pleasure mostly due to Charlotte) and couldn't help but chuckle at the tiny little city featured in that film.  The QC is really coming along man.

That movie showed off Charlotte and the area well, but the intro to Juwanna Mann had some good shots of the skyline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

That movie showed off Charlotte and the area well, but the intro to Juwanna Mann had some good shots of the skyline. 

It is honestly amazing how tall of the skyscrapers look! Especially BAC Corporate, it looks so much taller and skinnier. Now some of those buildings look much smaller.

58 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

It is honestly amazing how tall of the skyscrapers look! Especially BAC Corporate, it looks so much taller and skinnier. Now some of those buildings look much smaller.

What is great too imo, is that the skyline (through the years) never looked unbalanced like OKC.  As much as I like Devon  Tower, it sticks out like a sore thumb in their skyline.  The next tallest building is 345ft shorter than Devon.  That would be our equivalent to what was shown in this clip...having BOAC, but not having DEC, Hearst, One Wells, and Vue (although it looked like One Wells was in that movie intro). 

Back to FNB though...I was flipping some pages back and did we ever confirm what the other angles look like of the renderings?  In regards to the residential units having balconies or not? 

35 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

What is great too imo, is that the skyline (through the years) never looked unbalanced like OKC.  As much as I like Devon  Tower, it sticks out like a sore thumb in their skyline.  The next tallest building is 345ft shorter than Devon.  That would be our equivalent to what was shown in this clip...having BOAC, but not having DEC, Hearst, One Wells, and Vue (although it looked like One Wells was in that movie intro). 

Back to FNB though...I was flipping some pages back and did we ever confirm what the other angles look like of the renderings?  In regards to the residential units having balconies or not? 

I've seen other renderings that I cannot share here, I'll ask if I'm allowed. There are only 4 balconies in the whole building. The Office part is a box, and the residential part is a L shape with a pool/amenity deck tucked into the corner facing into the BofA Stadium parking Deck. 

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've seen other renderings that I cannot share here, I'll ask if I'm allowed. There are only 4 balconies in the whole building. The Office part is a box, and the residential part is a L shape with a pool/amenity deck tucked into the corner facing into the BofA Stadium parking Deck. 

Any recent changes to the office elevation?

3 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Side note: I wish Gov. Cooper would push a little harder to bring film back. I enjoyed our little boon a few decades ago.

They've all gone to Georgia now (at least those that don't film in Vancouver).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

What is great too imo, is that the skyline (through the years) never looked unbalanced like OKC.

We could have almost been in that same position. If the super tall Wachovia tower was built I feel the skyline would have looked odd for quite a while.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 7:38 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yes seen the rendering, like pnc bank tower with its head chopped off. It’s nice, but not ground breaking. This ain’t perfect, but a nice representation of what it’ll look like in the skyline.
3a091f05b34756dbc185c6bbda7ebe12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the building behind DEC?

On 5/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, NCMike1990 said:

Was there actually a traffic cop at the square back then? Honestly I think having traffic cops uptown would make some of the intersections much safer, especially for pedestrians. 

5 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Was there actually a traffic cop at the square back then? Honestly I think having traffic cops uptown would make some of the intersections much safer, especially for pedestrians

Don't think so. That scene looks staged right down to the extras crossing the street. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I walked by this lot the other day and remembered that there is hopefully going to be a giant skyscraper on it in the next few years.  I checked the cbj article on this one and it said that FNB is aiming for a third quarter 2018 ground-breaking.  Does anyone have any inside information on when they are going to schedule that?  I am anxious for a tower in this corner of uptown, right outside the ballpark and BoA Stadium.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:43 PM, CTiger said:

I walked by this lot the other day and remembered that there is hopefully going to be a giant skyscraper on it in the next few years.  I checked the cbj article on this one and it said that FNB is aiming for a third quarter 2018 ground-breaking.  Does anyone have any inside information on when they are going to schedule that?  I am anxious for a tower in this corner of uptown, right outside the ballpark and BoA Stadium.

I'll see what I can find out, but my source isn't on the development side of things so it would be second hand. The last I talked to him there were no delays he was aware of.

I'll see what I can find out, but my source isn't on the development side of things so it would be second hand. The last I talked to him there were no delays he was aware of.

I’ll also check in, but I was suspecting they were waiting on labor, a crane and steel. A project uptown likely needs to wrap up before this one can start. Pretty sure it’s approved though. I’ll have to log onto a Computer to check lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk