FNB Tower 401 S Graham St (29 floors - 365 feet)

KJHburg

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yes seen the rendering, like pnc bank tower with its head chopped off. It’s nice, but not ground breaking. This ain’t perfect, but a nice representation of what it’ll look like in the skyline.
3a091f05b34756dbc185c6bbda7ebe12.jpg

It's like all of the architects got this as a drink coaster and subliminally forgot about the color spectrum...

graphic-design-blogs-color-schemes-and-on-pinterest_creative-color-wheel_studio-apartment-decor-ideas-kitchen-tower-home-desk-create-your-own-house-plans-make-shelves-no-.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Should note my rendering isn't accurate. It'll be oriented more toward graham vs. toward MLK, and 1/2 of the balconies will be recessed, and half will stick out. I just used PNC Bank because it was close enough and allowed me to display height. It will also be less of a perfect rectangle. it will have more texture than this.

I'm still totally in favor of that hideous semi-circular parking garage on Mint getting demolished. Or at least a major overhaul. I think it'd even look decent with glass panels masking the fact that it's a garage (or something with that effect). It takes up way too much space. That parcel could easily support another tower without lessening the amount of parking. Such a prime spot with much potential.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cjd5050 said:

It's like all of the architects got this as a drink coaster and subliminally forgot about the color spectrum...

Am I the only one that doesn't mind buildings built with variations of blue glass?    I mean, yeah... sure... throw in a couple of Charlotte Plazas or Bank of America Plazas that have black glass, but do you really want more like these pictures below?

The Arlington has grown on me a little, but when I first moved here I thought it was a complete eye sore in South End.  Wasn't the pink glass chosen out of spite?  To bring the conversation full circle to FNB Tower, I think something along the lines of what RDF showed will look great there.  I do hope they have some interesting retail aside from the bank branch.  Some fast casual type restaurants would be perfect across the street from BB&T Ballpark.

Independence.jpg.f5b362df05af5270104f7fe0dd742f97.jpgarlington.jpg.433bcbe4766c234bb71e74507bc45359.jpg

Edited by J-Rob

20 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Am I the only one that doesn't mind buildings built with variations of blue glass?    I mean, yeah... sure... throw in a couple of Charlotte Plazas or Bank of America Plazas that have black glass, but do you really want more like these pictures below?

Independence.jpg.f5b362df05af5270104f7fe0dd742f97.jpgarlington.jpg.433bcbe4766c234bb71e74507bc45359.jpg

There are a massive number of colors between 50 Shades of Blue and Gold/Pink.   I get what you're saying and I was mostly making a joke but it's like the Panthers won the Super Bowl 365 uptown from the skyline view.

11 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Does anyone else think that even though the apartment boom might be coming to an end maybe we will continue to boom with new office and mixed use towers outside of Trade and Tryong, Specifically near North Tryon and West of Charlotte? 

Still puzzles me why there is not a condo project.  These condos would offer views of BB&T and BofA, walking distance to the best park in the area and next door to a future transportation hub.  I just don't see how you would not get these purchased by investors and owners.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

So, our FNB will look more like Raleigh's PNC than Raleigh's FNB ? Just our lot in life, I guess.

All same developer. Though I'll say its better looking that Raleigh's PNC, its just a good analogue for comparison.

I sure hope they hire very skinny office workers.  It'll be very congested on the 1.5' sidewalk. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2280281,-80.8506353,3a,75y,274.92h,58.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saO5gkRqX9Z5-Rliu8kId4Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

^ this problem really ought to be fixed at this point, as the retaining wall for the train bridge will clearly never be needed, so it is simple demolition and pouring of a normal sidewalk.

I don't begrudge the developer getting an office tenant, which is awesome for them, but it is definitely an unusual spot for office.  However, being 3 blocks from the Gateway Station and Gold line means it is in that radius and will potentially spur some non-driving commutes eventually on that infrastructure.   

9 minutes ago, cjd5050 said:

Still puzzles me why there is not a condo project.  These condos would offer views of BB&T and BofA, walking distance to the best park in the area and next door to a future transportation hub.  I just don't see how you would not get these purchased by investors and owners.  

I'd prefer this: "The W Residences Charlotte".  Similar designs too.  Either way, I think FNB will be a great addition!

1.png.dfbde36f002a9afec0b13603b402cdd4.png

1. This is awesome and personally I'd rather see office here than strictly residential (as someone mentioned, it moves office off Tryon and diversifies uptown).

2.  I like that this is tall and that the lot is fairly small.  Tall and thin is so much better.

3.  As parking garages go, the round one here is better than most Uptown, IMO.  Some screening, lot's of trees.  I would think that this structure would be needed for games and office workers in the area.  In a perfect world, all parking would be underground but in this case I'm hoping it's used by the new building (to reduce the need for parking in the new structure).  I agree it's a prominent location (getting more so by the day).

4.  If this is somewhere between PNC and FNB, I'm satisfied.

5.  Think of all the tall buildings that will be under construction Uptown by the end of the year (NWR at Polk site, Lennar, GB, theater hotel, this, Ally, hotels on Stonewall, NWR on Stonewall, Legacy, possibly Duke).  Incredible.  Real momentum in this area for Gateway development also.

• Like 3

No should be 390 feet as it is ground level, then 7 levels of parking, 7 levels of office (higher floor height) then 15 levels of apartments.   That adds up to 30 so I guess there is another level in there this is from the Business Journal today new article. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/07/more-details-confirmed-about-latest-tower-to-join.html

^^ The Arlington condo tower is officially Desert Rose and yes many think it was Jim Gross sticking his finger up to the Dilworth for fighting his height. Originally proposed at 34 stories now I think 24-25. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^ The Arlington condo tower is officially Desert Rose and yes many think it was Jim Gross sticking his finger up to the Dilworth for fighting his height. Originally proposed at 34 stories now I think 24-25. 

Originally proposed at 42 floors, 28 now.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

No should be 390 feet as it is ground level, then 7 levels of parking, 7 levels of office (higher floor height) then 15 levels of apartments.   That adds up to 30 so I guess there is another level in there this is from the Business Journal today new article. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/07/more-details-confirmed-about-latest-tower-to-join.html

So they don't even own the land yet this says and wont until the fall??  Things wont be moving here then for some time it seems

• Like 1