Sign in to follow this  
jrs2

Orlando Extended Metro Developments (Volusia/Brevard/East Polk)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I'm shocked Hy's Toggery stores still exist at all. I thought it was seriously outdated in the Gov Square Mall in Tallahassee and the old Panama City Mall... and that was nearly 40 years ago. 

I used to buy my bow ties for the legislative sessions in the ‘80’s at the one in Governor’s Square!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


32 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I used to buy my bow ties for the legislative sessions in the ‘80’s at the one in Governor’s Square!

You were rockin the look while Tucker was still wetting his pants... oh wait... never mind, too easy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SpaceX successfully launched its Falcon Heavy rocket today. Notably, the three boosters landed correctly this time - on the previous try, they were 2 for 3.

Most importantly for us, the article notes significant growth in demand since the company initially proposed Falcon Heavy’s development. Great news for the Space Coast which is seeing continued investment by founder Elon Musk.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/04/11/livestream-watch-spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-launch-and-landing.html

From CNBC

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

SpaceX successfully launched its Falcon Heavy rocket today. Notably, the three boosters landed correctly this time - on the previous try, they were 2 for 3.

Most importantly for us, the article notes significant growth in demand since the company initially proposed Falcon Heavy’s development. Great news for the Space Coast which is seeing continued investment by founder Elon Musk.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/04/11/livestream-watch-spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-launch-and-landing.html

From CNBC

the quicker they get it working, the  sooner they can get more commercial activity in Brevard from it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Developer Eddie Hennessy has decided not to sell Daytona’s Streamline Hotel.

The property which he recently spent millions of dollars renovating, is one of the few remaining jewels of the beachside.

He also owns several properties surrounding the hotel. The article suggests he has an attachment to the rebirth of the area. If he goes about refurbishing the lots one at a time in an organic manner, he may achieve the same success local developers Craig Ustler and his partner Phil Rampy did in Orlando’s Thornton Park/Eola redo of the 1980’s. Here’s hoping for that approach and the end of the concrete jungles.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20190413/daytonas-streamline-hotel-not-up-for-sale?template=ampart

From the News-Journal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, AmIReal said:

Carnival Cruise Ships Might Be Barred From U.S. Ports

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article229069589.html

I did not realize they owned Princess Cruises.  Gotta love it..."hey, check out that Orca swimming over there near the glacier...breathtaking.  Yeah...ok, just another half hour to dump our waste and oil and we'll be on our way..." Or..." wow, look how clear the water is in the Bahamas!"... (for now...)

On 4/13/2019 at 3:49 PM, spenser1058 said:

the projects are right around there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SpaceX Falcon Heavy center core rocket, which successfully landed on a barge in the Atlantic for the first time after last week’s launch, has been lost on the way back to Port Canaveral due to choppy seas:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/4/15/18311945/spacex-falcon-heavy-center-core-drone-ship-rough-ocean

From The Verge

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volusia County Council to be asked  to vote on first major renovation of Daytona Beach Int’l Airport since its 1992 opening:

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20190415/daytona-airport-set-to-undergo-major-renovation?template=ampart

From the News-Journal

 

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The SpaceX Falcon Heavy center core rocket, which successfully landed on a barge in the Atlantic for the first time after last week’s launch, has been lost on the way back to Port Canaveral due to choppy seas:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/4/15/18311945/spacex-falcon-heavy-center-core-drone-ship-rough-ocean

From The Verge

 

 

What the?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.