Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You should have put this in the Southend thread cuz I think its just a matter of time ;-)

I did not know where to put it honestly but something is afoot and the many Lowes execs living south of the Lake and in Charlotte is interesting for future development.  

• Like 4

Just now, KJHburg said:

I did not know where to put it honestly but something is afoot and the many Lowes execs living south of the Lake and in Charlotte is interesting for future development.  

oh you put it in the right place, I'm just a cheeky fellow.

Agreed. Given a number of changes Lowe's has made in recent months, especially moving their corporate hangar to the CLT airport, it's only a matter of time until uptown (or SouthEnd as RDF hinted) sees some sort of impact. Would be cool to see them build a nice  shiny new tower as well (though not getting hopes up just yet). 

Edited by HopHead
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

If I heard the name of the company I might recognize it. They have been looking and I have heard through a source here in Nashville that Charlotte was the pick or really close.

Thanks @smeagolsfree  I follow you on the Nashville thread and you always seem to know your stuff.  Awesome stuff going on in Nashville by the way.

• Like 3

Not that much hype folks but something that would be cool to finally see happen.

25 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

How soon is soon?

Will we hear that an economic development announcement has been scheduled for tomorrow? Or when? 

Probably within a month or so

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is wondering :offtopic:, but I'm curious on other opinions here. As massive an employer as Lowe's is, I've always felt like their corporate presence in Charlotte was pretty lousy. I rarely see them show up for corporate philanthropy, except in pretty small ways.  While the quality of their corporate jobs certainly shouldn't be overlooked, they just don't seem to "give back" in ways that other major corporate players do. (I mean, they're pretty far off from building the world's largest aquarium here.)

• Like 2

This is the first time I'd heard of the Nuveen office, looks like it's part of TIAA. Pretty nice detail about Charlotte in the FT

https://www.ft.com/content/9abe819b-51c1-37a0-94b6-23b2e72cf1aa

"Traditional investment centres such as New York, Boston and San Francisco are losing ground to smaller cities, including Denver, Atlanta and Charlotte."

CTRL+F Charlotte , 11 times

Edited by joenc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, J-Rob said:

Lowe's would be cool too,  if not as cool as Ally for instance, even if they are simply designating Charlotte as HQ and building a new tower in Uptown or South End.

I don’t think they’re leaving that pretty, state of the art campus with lots of undeveloped land for an office in a banking district.