J-Rob

Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

The business journal says median salary is $340k but the observer says $85k. Both for 750 jobs. Big difference there lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

750 jobs at avg pay $340k???  That is huge no?

1 minute ago, CLTranspo said:

The business journal says median salary is $340k but the observer says $85k. Both for 750 jobs. Big difference there lol

CO explains that the CEO salary skews that average number significantly.  Median salary will be $85K

Edited by CTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CTiger said:

CO explains that the CEO salary skews that average number significantly.  Median salary will be $85K

Gotcha thanks!! I’m at my observer article limit so couldn’t see it all

Edited by CLTranspo
  • Like 1

So this puts Charlotte at 7 (potentially 8 -- Brighthouse wasn't on the list last year) F500 HQs. I would say there is also possibility for a 9th with Coca-Cola Bottling hovering close to $4-5 billion in revenue. 

I'm always fascinated by the number of $1billion revenue public companies are in NC, and that number continues to grow, which is a good sign. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lancer22 said:

This is, as they say, "Fake News"

Eli is doubling down this morning: saying initially uptown because there is space, then SouthPark or Ballantyne.   

5 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

Eli is doubling down this morning: saying initially uptown because there is space, then SouthPark or Ballantyne.   

Doubly wrong lol. Think about it for a second...Where did they say they were leasing temp space? Who developed/owns that project? Is that same developer marketing another marquee office project?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Doubly wrong lol. Think about it for a second...Where did they say they were leasing temp space? Who developed/owns that project? Is that same developer marketing another marquee office project?

I'm not doubting you if you say its not true.  I am just relaying what Eli is saying on the twitters.  

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Where they going temporarily what developer?

they going to 300 South Tryon temporarily boo

6 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

I'm not doubting you if you say its not true.  I am just relaying what Eli is saying on the twitters.  

*cough* spelled Ely *cough*

;-)

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

they going to 300 South Tryon temporarily boo

And their permanent office will be .... ?? ;) 

Spectrum South End makes sense. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Where they going temporarily what developer?

Going to 300 South Tryon. Developed by Spectrum/Barings. Spectrum has a South End project.

Edited by lancer22
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lancer22 said:

Going to 300 South Tryon. Developed by Spectrum/Barings. Spectrum has a South End project.

Thanks. I forgot about that as I was travelling back from Chucktown.  But when I initially heard last night the news conference was at 300 South Tryon I did guess that.  Great news for South End and Spectrum.  

• Like 2