Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how NC ranks counties as Tiers 1, 2 and 3.  3 is the best off and that is what the large counties are like Mecklenburg, Wake etc. This article also talks about how the incentives benefit other parts of the state even when 100s of jobs come to Charlotte for example.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article222443745.html

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

here are photos from today of Amazon's new 2.5 million sq ft warehouse by the airport.  Its massive size is really starting to take shape. Photos from I-85 and I was not the driver this time. 

article about it. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/06/25/amazon-to-hire-for-1-500-jobs-in-upcoming-200m.html

It is so hard to convey just how freaking massive that thing is with photos

• Like 3

Didn't know about Capitol Towers.  Good to know!  As far as the tower, I was thinking something similar to what FNB is doing; having regional leadership (to support retail branches and local mid-market lending) in a tower with visibility.   I could also see them doing something like what Regions did.  Either way, good to know they are moving into Charlotte.

Let's hope Morgan Stanley see the light in Charlotte!  Thanks for sharing your insights!

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Poor Triad is seeing so many of their companies move the top leadership. 

LOL would you want to live there if you are top leadership? If you want to fly anywhere you have to connect. Almost no restaurant scene and tiny town culture. RDU area at least provides some of the elements that CEO types would enjoy. Triad is a very difficult region to attract top talent to.

2 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

LOL would you want to live there if you are top leadership? If you want to fly anywhere you have to connect. Almost no restaurant scene and tiny town culture. RDU area at least provides some of the elements that CEO types would enjoy. Triad is a very difficult region to attract top talent to.

No I wouldn't. They just haven't gotten many wins lately and I'm sure it is discouraging. 

2 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I like Winston-Salem and think it punches above its weight as a small city. 

• Like 4

In terms of Elevate Textiles and their corporate HQ being shifted from Greensboro to Charlotte there is this from the Triad Business Journal:

""On Elevate's decision to locate in Charlotte, Sides said, "Charlotte provides a central metropolitan area that allows Elevate Textiles to maintain its headquarters and roots in North Carolina, is easily accessible by both the Mt. Holly and Greensboro offices and provides good access to financial and other resources beneficial for a global headquarters."

""Elevate Textiles spokeswoman Delores Sides told Triad Business Journal that the company's decision to locate its headquarters in Charlotte will have a minimal impact on Greensboro jobs – either through layoffs or transfers to Charlotte.""

• Like 4