Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

Lol, the top is nice, but the bottom of the building is really bad. Good that it never materialised.

*Hasn’t yet materialized*
Pretty sure UNCC building #2 will be here. I wouldn’t imagine they keep this design tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, southslider said:

^If that tiny pad of butter is the old Dixie's Tavern building, then say buh-bye to much of First Ward Park.

Its not. Don't worry. Whats seen here represents the parking lot directly beside UNCC's first uptown building. I'm assuming that little pad of butter represents some sort of asset created for First Ward Park, as the park would be integrated around this building.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:22 PM, JFerreira91 said:

Lol, the top is nice, but the bottom of the building is really bad. Good that it never materialised.

What??!! it is so unique and different from anything else in uptown. I wouldnt mind a piece of this building. What would you prefer? it going straight down?

3 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

YES!!!!!

Where were our hints you guys? I’m so outraged my out of the loop CLT friends informed me first. It’s unacceptable laymen’s know before I do 

My mom works for BB&t. They had recently fired several people from her management team. Was wondering if something was afoot.

• Like 2

Wow, I seriously thought this was a joke at first. Its very hard to overstate its importance on CLT.

couple of notes from the WSJ piece on this and my old guy memory.

• BB&T will maintain ‘sizable’ operations in Winston (see Navigator’s post below re Suntrust). I have a feeling we wont see much back-office from this deal.
  • This new bank will have assets of around $442  billion. FYI Wachovia had assets of $812 billion around its time of death in 2008. BoA is $2.23 trillion and Wells is $1.95 trillion currently. Despite the magnitude difference this new bank will be the 6th largest in the US.
  • it wasn’t that long ago that Winston was a banking center that was competitive with Charlotte
  • Big winners: Uptown office space and the Charlotte Fintech cluster
  • Loser? US Bank may have a different view of CLT now 
Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Suntrust is currently headquartered in Atlanta, BB&T is currently headquartered in Winston-Salem. This is a YUGE win for Charlotte. Here’s some more info..

https://www.wcnc.com/amp/article?section=money&headline=suntrust-bbt-to-merge-in-66-billion-deal-will-form-charlotte-headquarters&contentId=275-f46daa5e-e2a7-4621-92d9-8da06296ebd5&__twitter_impression=true

Charlotte is killing it in the developments lol! Watch out ATL. Hopefully they could buy some land on the North side of uptown and get things moving around there. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

I will say this thing was kept more under wraps than anything I've seen in my career. A lot of folks knew about BofA, Ally, Allstate, Honeywell, etc before the announcement, but I heard exactly one very cryptic peep that this was happening. Kudos to the chamber of commerce  folks.

Also this has LU3 written all over it

• Like 4