Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

I doubt this is the Nashville/Charlotte operation, as it says in the article the CEO bought a house in Charlotte last fall.

12-15k I suspect the CBJ is estimating off the building permit application and typical floorplates at 200 S Tryon.

This could grow I would think, but probably doesn't require a lot of jobs.  Most of the corporate jobs at Dole I suspect are logistics related, which make sense to stay near their west coast ports.

Edit: Don't believe they will count as a F500, cause 1) they are probably 500-600 on the list, 2) don't report financials publicaly, which is a requirement for that list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thats another Fortune 500 company this year. 

Dole is a private company, so not technically on the Fortune 500. They do rank in the Top 100 privately owned companies in the USA though and have revenue similar in size to other large private companies like Hobby Lobby, Discount Tire, Petco, and Neiman Marcus. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

^Is Dole a F500 company? I can't seem to find anything and I can't access the Fortune website as I'm currently in the UK so GDPR means I can't access it.

EDIT: They did go public again though.

They aren't a member of the Fortune 500, but they are among the largest private businesses. Their name is globally known though and would be a prestigious brand to consider "based" in Charlotte. 

They planned to go public again in 2017, but withdrew: http://labusinessjournal.com/news/2018/jan/16/dole-food-co-withdraws-planned-ipo/

45% of the company is now owned by Ireland based Total Produce. The job postings on the Dole Foods website for Finance positions in Charlotte specifically include preparing reports and presentations to Total Produce: https://investors.totalproduce.com/investors/news-and-events/investor-press-releases/2018/01-02-2018

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

And here's the Observer's take - hot off the e-mail notice.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article228092134.html

“Asked whether Dole is moving its corporate headquarters to uptown, spokesman William Goldfield said via text Monday that “nothing is currently planned.”

You don’t  move your executives to a business friendly state and not plan to move your HQ there.....right?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I doubt this is the Nashville/Charlotte operation, as it says in the article the CEO bought a house in Charlotte last fall.

12-15k I suspect the CBJ is estimating off the building permit application and typical floorplates at 200 S Tryon.

This could grow I would think, but probably doesn't require a lot of jobs.  Most of the corporate jobs at Dole I suspect are logistics related, which make sense to stay near their west coast ports.

Edit: Don't believe they will count as a F500, cause 1) they are probably 500-600 on the list, 2) don't report financials publicaly, which is a requirement for that list.

What was the info you had around the Nash/CLT operation? Rumored dual HQ opportunity?

4 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

What was the info you had around the Nash/CLT operation? Rumored dual HQ opportunity?

No  someone from Nashville said that a company considering there was likely coming to Charlotte instead.

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...