Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Why not? If that's where talent wants to live, and someone wanted to established a big hub, then why not South End?

They seem to prefer cheaper, suburban locations currently.  That could be a shift in strategy, but being low-cost is kinda their entire business model.  It would be cool for Charlotte though!  

The HQ itself would be cool regardless of the location.  Another big jewel in our financial crown.

Edited by Desert Power
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lancer22 said:

Similar in size to Honeywell, Lowe's, LT etc.

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think that Vanguard recently built a new building  in the Philly burbs, so I’d be surprised if the HQ is coming to the QC unless NC is giving them serious money.

Also, this makes me think it is a F500 company, which Vanguard is not bc it's private? 

I think it is something else. 

• Like 1

I don't have any inside info, and maybe Vanguard is confirmed, but if it's just speculation, I'll throw out London Stock Exchange (LSEG) as more likely.  Currently in Fort Mill but growing.  I could see them wanting to relocate a large part of Refinitiv here post merger.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

well the London Stock Exchange Group has 29 jobs posted for the "greater Charlotte area" most of anywhere in the USA

https://lseg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/LSEG_Careers/0/refreshFacet/318c8bb6f553100021d223d9780d30be   many tech jobs

Vanguard has many tech job openings in Charlotte 38 or so

all so interesting

meanwhile Wells Fargo has 642 JOB postings for Charlotte.   

the plot thickens.....

meanwhile I prep for the big announcement....

I've always wondered this... but what site do you use to find all of these numbers.

Just now, Ric0_0 said:

I've always wondered this... but what site do you use to find all of these numbers.

easy check the official corporate websites and do a search on job openings.   Wells numbers are huge Bank of America usually has about 500 postings for Charlotte positions but of course Wells is much bigger here.  

For example Amazon before they opened their first warehouse in the Charlotte area  posted some jobs for it.  

• Like 1

And then there's this . . . an article about as mysterious is the last couple pages of this thread.  A couple highlights: 

1) "Charles Scharf is not moving to San Francisco from New York for his new job as CEO of Wells Fargo."  

2) "Personal Commitment:  This is Wells Fargo’s red flag. People staying in hotels or temporary quarters are demonstrating different levels of commitment from those renting their own places, and different levels from those buying their own places, selling their other residences and bringing their spouses, children and potbellied pigs with them."

#1 is pretty clear, but #2, can someone translate?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgebradt/2019/11/01/the-extreme-red-flag-for-wells-fargo-onboarding-new-ceo-charles-scharf/#71611c717177

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So was whatever this was a rumor?  Or concrete?  Seems like a mere rumor wouldn’t need to be removed from here.  Or was this Microsoft?

More than a rumor. But that’s what I’m going to call it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk