Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

On 6/29/2021 at 9:36 AM, KJHburg said:

It is the 2021 state of aviation report for NC from the state.  It shows how important all the airports are the commercial ones and the general aviation.  Also shows how CLT just dominates the passenger count in the state bigger than all the other NC (and for that matter SC airports) combined in passenger count.  This is the #1 economic development asset of the Charlotte region. 

state-of-aviation.pdf (ncdot.gov)

But US Airways is still listed as a major cargo operator in the state... They running Ghost Cargo planes?

27 minutes ago, CLT> said:

But US Airways is still listed as a major cargo operator in the state... They running Ghost Cargo planes?

Most airplanes carry some sort of cargo other than people's luggage. Pets, corpses, and other things sometimes are shipped via passenger aircraft and not via an actual cargo aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, norm21499 said:

Most airplanes carry some sort of cargo other than people's luggage. Pets, corpses, and other things sometimes are shipped via passenger aircraft and not via an actual cargo aircraft.

I think the poster was pointing out the report writers didn't get the memo that US Airways hasn't existed for like 7 years since the merger with American Airlines.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

NC ranks #2 best state for business after VA by CNBC.  While these surveys all differ somewhat in what they consider NC is consistently here of late been in the top 5 best state for business.

America's Top States for Business 2021 (cnbc.com)   #2  NC

#1  by Forbes Best States for Business List (forbes.com)

#4  by Chief Executive Magazine Up For Grabs: The Best & Worst States For Business 2021 (chiefexecutive.net)

Tied #2 by Site Selection Magazine  2020 Business Climate Rankings: Certainty and Predictability Are the Winning States’ Hallmarks | Site Selection Magazine

expect more things to come this year in NC! 

• Like 2

Todays announcement about Red Bull distribution center and bottling plant is a huge deal with these Austrian based companies.  Are all Red Bulls imported now?  I don't drink them so I really don't know.  The size of these buildings are huge 800,000 sq ft warehouse and 1.4 M sq ft manufacturing plant.  that is  2.2 M sq ft.    Expect more German to be heard in Cabarrus County and the Charlotte metro. 

Both companies Red Bull and Rauch are Austrian based which means more customers for the CLT to Munich flights I would assume.

About us (rauch.cc)   

Red Bull Global Headquarters (redbull.com)  based in Salzburg which is a great city. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Todays announcement about Red Bull distribution center and bottling plant is a huge deal with these Austrian based companies.  Are all Red Bulls imported now?  I don't drink them so I really don't know.  The size of these buildings are huge 800,000 sq ft warehouse and 1.4 M sq ft manufacturing plant.  that is  2.2 M sq ft.    Expect more German to be heard in Cabarrus County and the Charlotte metro. 

Both companies Red Bull and Rauch are Austrian based which means more customers for the CLT to Munich flights I would assume.

About us (rauch.cc)   

Red Bull Global Headquarters (redbull.com)  based in Salzburg which is a great city. 

After doing some research it seems that distribution of Red Bull in the USA is done by Red Bull Distributing Company, which has 93 distribution centers across the country.  The only other info regarding a production plant I could find was the plans announced in 2019 for the first production plan in Glendale Arizona.  They have already announced an expansion of the Arizona facility since the initial announcement.  Prior to this plant Red Bull was imported from Europe for distribution.  RBDC already has distribution centers in both Morrisville and Kernersville.  

https://www.redbulldistributioncompany.com/distributors/

https://www.inside.beer/news/detail/usa-red-bull-plans-first-production-plant-outside-europe/

If I'm interpreting this right.  This will be their second manufacturing/production hub in the US and the first on the east coast.   I imagine it will serve as the distribution hub for the existing RBDC distribution centers.

A huge win that will certainly fill a few seats to Germany a year.  It appears that Cabarrus County beat out sites in both Richland and Cherokee Counties in SC.  So they were already locked in on the region it seems.  

Per the CBJ article.  Incentives totaled around $40 million total.  Broken down with $4.6million from the state and $35.8 million from Cabarrus County/Concord.  Well worth it for the projected $1.8 Billion in economic growth.  

Edited by CltFlyer
  • Like 3

^^^ interesting I wondered if they had a US plant sounds like one in Phoenix area and it relatively new there.  The market east of the Mississippi is far bigger as we know so sounds like their 2nd US plant.  They may consolidate some of those distribution centers or this mega one will feed them.  Great win for our region and the state. 

• Like 3

Upon further digging on RBDC website.  I found that their North American head quarters are in Santa Monica, CA.  If they were to looking to follow the trend of companies leaving CA.  I imagine Charlotte would now be on a short list.  Finding office space shouldn't be an issue.  

Edited by CltFlyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

I read this as 2 separate announcements.

1) Red Bull - just a distribution center

2) Rauch - a juice company opening a manufacturing plant

You are correct.  Essentially Rauch is the exclusive bottler for Red Bull.  This will be a 2 part project.

• Like 2