Comparing Orlando...

orlandouprise

14 hours ago, aent said:

By raw numbers, the only MSA below us that added more people then us is Austin, and I know we all agree Austin is killing it right now. By raw numbers, Orlando MSA is still top 10 in the nation for growth, since you don't like the percentages.

39 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

And I’ve spoken to people that moved here for any variety of reasons and love it. Point is, I think the much larger fallacy than percentages (which is a pretty objective metric to use) is anecdotal stories that are “more common that you probably think.” There’s no real credible discernible way to measure the accuracy of that statement.

But facts are facts: Orlando is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the nation. Its MSA is relatively comparable to Tampa’s or Charlotte’s or Vegas’s or Nashville’s or Austin’s. I imagine you wouldn’t use the same percentage fallacy argument to describe those cities’ growth because they are some of the biggest boomtowns in America, so why use it for Orlando?

Thank you both.  :thumbsup:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, JFW657 said:

Let's hope they don't grow up to be arrogant, humorless, judgemental, self-important d-bags like someone else we know. :whistling:

I'm just going to post this anytime JFW tries to take the high-road.

He apparently needs a reminder of how he speaks about other people, while criticizing me. 

Preach on, JFW!

Archived