The Dunean Area

bikeoid

• 2 months later...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter just moved into a house in this area, which I visited for the first time Sunday. The house itself is very nice, and was constructed in 2013. The area, though, was surprisingly sketchy..industrial and a little bit..how to say this..unsafe feeling. Her mom tells me not to worry, as she is hopeful the big mill is the next to be developed, which will speed gentrification to the neighborhood. I hope she's right, and I definitely see the potential. The area is so close to Main St, it would be a shame if it did not evolve.

50 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

I was under the impression that the mill is still operating. Assuming that is correct, I wouldn't expect to see it renovated/repurposed anytime soon. 

I wouldn't worry about the neighborhood generally.  Personally,  wouldn't hesitate to buy in there myself. 

I am glad to hear that, from a safety perspective. There are some super nice homes sitting right next to delapidated shot-gun shacks. Reminds me of our Olympia neighborhood, except Olympia doesn't have any nice homes. They are all student rented shacks.

• 9 months later...