St. John's Town Center

vladittude0583

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an F'ing mall! It's there for people to spend money, so either you spend it or you don't! It's not supposed to be the Sistine Chapel!

Why not worry more about the customer service you get from the stores, rather than walking across the "vast sea" of parking lot?

There's no food court because- if you can't afford to eat at the restaurants that are there .... you probably shouldn't be spending your money on anything else there either!

Finally, there are no trees because the new trend in Florida is to clear cut the landscape and put up monstrous money pits they call "malls".

Stop crying and get a clue- live with it!

:rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that this site was for the posting of news, opinions, concerns, and ideas. I don't believe anyone was crying.. only posting what the site was intended for. (And if we are allowed to voice our opinions here, I do agree that there shouldn't be a food court.)

Or, perhaps I'm wrong, and everyone should just praise the downfalls of our new and otherwise fabulous mall.

It's an F'ing mall! It's there for people to spend money, so either you spend it or you don't! It's not supposed to be the Sistine Chapel!

Why not worry more about the customer service you get from the stores, rather than walking across the "vast sea" of parking lot?

There's no food court because- if you can't afford to eat at the restaurants that are there .... you probably shouldn't be spending your money on anything else there either!

Finally, there are no trees because the new trend in Florida is to clear cut the landscape and put up monstrous money pits they call "malls".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am I weird because I like both Chick-Fil-A and Nordstrom? Don't get me wrong, I like PF Changs (Maggiano's Sucks - and not just the Jacksonville one), and other "sit-down" restaraunts. Did it ever occur to you that the reason I may not go to one of the restaraunts at SJTC may have nothing to do with money? Personally, I don't mind getting at 12 Piece Nugget meal, upsized with a Coke, and taking 5 minutes to eat, because sometimes, I don't want to kill an hour at dinner.

I realize that they are building some fast food restaraunts there, but to be honest, it's a haul from let's say, Dillards to Chick-Fil-A to Target.

In my opinion, the entire place (save for the area between Dillard's and Maggiano's) is laid out terribly. Typical Atlanta Developer - they couldn't even get crosswalks right (vehicles should stop before a crosswalk, not after - this way that big suburban doesn't block the crosswalk).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, i thought i was the angry one on this board, seems that i have some competition. what would make the Town center better>>> geodesic dome! that's right folks, this is florida and what is florida without theme! and air conditioning! did anyone see Logan's Run???

as for my adversary here, yes it is a mall, and thank you for pointing out the obvious, and yes there are no trees... because the idea of developing a mall is that you rip out trees, ps. developers don't care about tree huggers!!! don't we have enough food courts?

but what is shopping without a Sbarro's and a pay by the pound chinese venture?

For starters - to make the towncenter better you need a better plan. One that incorporates landscape and pedestrian comfort - such as shade, seating, lighting, etc. Not that everyone wants to hear it again, but people here have a severe objection to walking. It would have been much better to put a parking garage on a corner of the massive site, thus freeing up land for retail, possible residences, and restaurants. Also, if it were truly a "Town Center" let's at least put it in a town - not somewhere where you have to drive f-ing forever and deal with the lovely traffic. - I think some of Cuban's anger is rubbing off.

Everybody count backwords slowly - 10....9.....8....7....6......

Anyway, what is interesting is that people in this city don't want to walk 3 blocks downtown, but people don't complain a bit about walking from the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot...

Everybody count backwords slowly - 10....9.....8....7....6......

Anyway, what is interesting is that people in this city don't want to walk 3 blocks downtown, but people don't complain a bit about walking from the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot...

Archived