Sign in to follow this  
spenser1058

AAF Orlando

13 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I thought they'd play at CWS.  The bounce house, eh?  Interesting.

I was surprised by that also - guess UCF is closer to Spurrier's place at Crescent Beach and the golf course<g>.

The new XFL team will play at CWS, that is why this league is going to UCF. Also I think you can appeal to families and do better with a cheap minor league football league out at UCF than at CWS.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

The new XFL team will play at CWS, that is why this league is going to UCF. Also I think you can appeal to families and do better with a cheap minor league football league out at UCF than at CWS.

This wasn't the case at all with the AFL Predators.  They moved to the UCF Arena and went straight in the garbage.  As a season ticket holder for 15+ years, the UCF were the worst attended games I went to.  I'm not sure about tickets sold, but butts in seats.

You could totally be right. Just a guess that it will be easier to lure people from the suburbs in to an area they feel safer with free parking all over. If they end up signing Tebow then I think it won't matter where they play, it will sell a lot of tickets.

2 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

You could totally be right. Just a guess that it will be easier to lure people from the suburbs in to an area they feel safer with free parking all over. If they end up signing Tebow then I think it won't matter where they play, it will sell a lot of tickets.

Amen!

The XFL has contacted Orlando with high-level interest of bringing a SECOND pro football team (according to the Sentinel).

The XFL obviously knows about the other league, but thinks Orlando can support 2 teams.

1 hour ago, I am Reality said:

The XFL has contacted Orlando with high-level interest of bringing a SECOND pro football team (according to the Sentinel).

The XFL obviously knows about the other league, but thinks Orlando can support 2 teams.

I think both leagues are counting on the other one failing quickly, so I wouldn't necessarily come to the conclusion they believe Orlando can support 2 teams. It seems doubtful it can, but one league will likely fail

The League named  its last team today in San Antonio.

The other teams:

Orlando

Atlanta 

Birmingham

Memphis 

Phoenix

Salt Lake City

San Diego

14 hours ago, aent said:

I believe I heard this was announced to be playing at the UCF Stadium

Did you hear that weeks ago? lol

It appears AAF is going to stock its ranks from former Florida players, first from the colleges and then the pro teams. It's a heck of a marketing strategy - it will be interesting to see how it goes on the field.

Orlando's Alliance of American Football team learns how it will procure players
http://bit.ly/2uneLTx

From the Sentinel