Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

vdogg, do you realize that this is only the second thread ever here at UP to reach 1000 posts?

WOW! :w00t:

The other one was the Orlando Projects: Master List. It got so big that they had to start another one!.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I didn't realize that. That's crazy.

Looks like we may be getting our annual bout of tropical weather late Tuesday into Wednesday. If anyone should read this and notice a significant drop in HR forumers duking it out you know why. :lol: This doesn't look to be anywhere near isabel status so hopefully we won't lose power but you never know so i'm putting the word out (with this states infrastructure you can sneeze and knock over a power pole). When Isabel came through I was without power for two weeks, but that was pre-Urbanplanet. The thought of no UP for 2 weeks makes me wanna :cry: .

Speaking of homeland security do you guys recall the governor (or could have been the President) adding a lot of security jobs to different cities across the state ? I recall Va Beach was to get an additional 600 positions added or something like that. It was in the newspaper about 6 mos ago but I have not heard anything since.

Edited by guynvb

Were we in the paper again? Where'd all these new people come from? :huh:

I suspect a lot of people may have been part of our 20 or so lurkers that we average at any given hour. :lol:  However you came to be here, let me offer a blanket welcome to all our new forumers.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great. The more I merrier I always say. So we have 20 new members?

I doubt there's much news on that.  I think it was all fantasy to begin with.  :(  I'm more anxious about Granby Tower news.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so. I think it has some steam behind it and the mayor act surprised like he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Don't be surprise to see this tower! :thumbsup: Well at least I'm hoping for it to come true. I just can't wake up from my dream :whistling: .

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just noticed something today that shocked me. Even though I didn't start posting regularly till about december of last year my official sign up date was September 28th, 2004. That means i'll have been with UP 1 year tommorrow. So how much has changed in a year? I was member 769 when I signed up. We now stand at

5319 members and counting. Last year there was no Norfolk, Va. Beach, or Richmond forums. There was no Hampton Roads forum (nor did anyone on this site know what a "Hampton Roads" was :lol:). In fact, there was no Virginia forum period. Thanks to all of you who have helped make this a productive year and helped to put us squarely on the map. I hope to see many new members and projects in the coming year and hopefully we'll actually get a forum meet together and see eachother in person. :ph34r: Here's to another good year. :alc:

• 2 weeks later...