Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

You know it would be really cool if we could get together with some of these developers and take some pics and maybe get more info. I would love to meet Mr. Divaris and get some pics from the AH Tower.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish that we could do that but i don't think they would even meet us. That would be cool for all of us to meet each other one day and meet with Marathon and Darvis or however you spell it.

Edited by rusthebuss

I wish that we could do that but i don't think they would even meet us. That would be cool for all of us to meet each other one day and meet with Marathon and Darvis or however you spell it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that would be cool too.

Divaris is everywhere  :lol: . He is one of my favorite developers but Buddy Gadams is definately giving him a run for his money today  :D .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha! It would be cool to see them get in a fist fight for the tallest building!! LOL! I actually pictured buddy as being old and fat, but when I saw that video on the Norfolk website, I was pleasantly surprised how young he is. Does anyone have pics or Mr. Divaris?

Haha! It would be cool to see them get in a fist fight for the tallest building!! LOL! I actually pictured buddy as being old and fat, but when I saw that video on the Norfolk website, I was pleasantly surprised how young he is. Does anyone have pics or Mr. Divaris?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too was shocked by how young Buddy looked. It makes me feel good to think someone that young could put together a project of this magnitude.

I too was shocked by how young Buddy looked. It makes me feel good to think someone that young could put together a project of this magnitude.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha its great! It gives hope to youngins like me! Well, not quite as young as me, but its always great to see young investors proposing such great projects. Since he is young, I'm sure he can squeeze in more developments before he retires.

haha its great! It gives hope to youngins like me! Well, not quite as young as me, but its always great to see young investors proposing such great projects. Since he is young, I'm sure he can squeeze in more developments before he retires.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think age has anything to do with anything. He just has a very strong head on his shoulder. Just very good business man and i hope he has more plans for other big projects in the Norfolk area. Well i guess he broke the stereotype which is a great thing.

Edited by rusthebuss

Norfolk gains, Virginia Beach loses, in VEC closures

By Philip Newswanger

Inside Business - Hampton Roads

Monday May 30, 2005

Not only are the homeless gravitating to Norfolk, so are the unemployed.

Because of cutbacks in U.S. Department of Labor funding, the Virginia Employment Commission is closing offices, laying off part-time employees and consolidating staff in fewer offices.

The cutbacks are statewide and some of the agency

I was looking waaay back of earlier postings and it says the units here will sell from $250k to $400k. I wonder if that is still so? Is so this would be a great place to live for the money! I have to admit though this thread is kinda old (July 04) and real estate prices have continued to go up so who knows.

I was looking waaay back of earlier postings and it says the units here will sell from $250k to $400k. I wonder if that is still so? Is so this would be a great place to live for the money! I have to admit though this thread is kinda old (July 04) and real estate prices have continued to go up so who knows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now they say from 250k to 2 million and 2 million is for the penthouse suites

Now they say from 250k to 2 million and 2 million is for the penthouse suites

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow really? I remember when it was two towers that it was 250k-800k, then when it was at 29 stories it was 250k-1.2million but now 250k-2million? Wow! I think Norfolk is attempting to get the broadest and largest crowd possible compared to the Westin's 400k-2million.

Wow really? I remember when it was two towers that it was 250k-800k, then when it was at 29 stories it was 250k-1.2million but now 250k-2million? Wow! I think Norfolk is attempting to get the broadest and largest crowd possible compared to the Westin's 400k-2million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure how much it is that or whether it is the demand that is driving the price. More people that want to live in tower = higher price of condos at tower. It's a good sign. I would be worried if it were going in the other direction because that would mean that they are lowering the price in order to attract more buyers because demand wasn't meeting expectations.

I'm not sure how much it is that or whether it is the demand that is driving the price. More people that want to live in tower = higher price of condos at tower. It's a good sign. I would be worried if it were going in the other direction because that would mean that they are lowering the price in order to attract more buyers because demand wasn't meeting expectations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It gives us an indication of the market in the area and let's us know that there are people of all income levels that want to live in high rises in the CBD. Hopefully a few developers will come forward in the coming years with similar proposals without the very high prices. More units with lower prices could also bring big returns for the investors and developers:).

I agree.  It gives us an indication of the market in the area and let's us know that there are people of all income levels that want to live in high rises in the CBD.  Hopefully a few developers will come forward in the coming years with similar proposals without the very high prices.  More units with lower prices could also bring big returns for the investors and developers:).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. But with the high prices already driving the market it would seem to me that others would want to jump on the 'high priced' living spaces. A classic example is Cornerstone, the development that bought that huge mobile home park only to not include affordable housing in its new proposals because 'he didn't have to' or something of that nature. But wait and see and is the name of the game. :rolleyes::whistling: