HankStrong

I4 - Beyond the Ultimate [Pre-construction]

On 7/15/2018 at 8:04 AM, aent said:

Agreed, especially as the developer here had an expectation and tolerance of some eminent domain happening, they left 4 acres available for the taking because thats what was on the plan as that was needed for ramp expansion, and FDOT changed its drainage requirements after the project started.

image.thumb.png.b95fc330c67b7dc5d9d641cde1020d5f.png

These are the original plans.....interesting

• Like 1

I don't know if I feel too keen on this upside down "L" shaped pylon.  I'm assuming it wasn't a double because of it's proximity to the bridge?  Is that even going to be sturdy enough?  I'm assuming yes.

20180718_141229.jpg

• Like 1

I kind of like that impressive feat of engineering. Is the structural steel truss permanent and integral to the design?  That would be awesome and a visual site to behold on an otherwise mundane drive, IMO. 

Keen to see how this turns out in finality. 

Thanks for the interesting photo!

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

The other "L" is the one on 50 with the famous cracks.

I was just thinking that.  Official term is C pier.

16 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I don't know if I feel too keen on this upside down "L" shaped pylon.  I'm assuming it wasn't a double because of it's proximity to the bridge?  Is that even going to be sturdy enough?  I'm assuming yes.

20180718_141229.jpg

Structural engineers can do a lot of crazy stuff.  See the straggle bents on all the braided ramps on SR 408 and at I-4 through the attractions and up in Sanford.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

IMG_20180809_130019.jpg

walking to Magic games from that east side entrance will be very different once those bridges get finished.

• Like 2

So does all the scaffolding and rebar mean the bridge will be built on Amway's front porch?? lol  I knew it would be cutting it close, but this is ruining the entrance.

WP_20180813_17_14_24_Pro.thumb.jpg.2c204b2f7fcc555dfdeb57e0968480c1.jpgWP_20180813_17_14_30_Pro.thumb.jpg.8e815c65b64414ee46d5b496d86bac9a.jpgWP_20180813_17_15_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.eba081a388755d0c26bb10b6624da0de.jpg.

• Like 1

When they built Amway, they had the concept I4/408 interchange and designed around it.  Which is why the Geico Garage, and the footings for the arena are notched out to accomodate the ramps.  The barrier wall should be slightly higher than that mid level deck for the Amway Center.  They knew all along this was coming.

• Like 3

Yes I remember the expansion would be cutting it close, but renderings only showed close proximity around the garage -- not near the Amway entrance. So what are we looking at in the first pic? Are you saying the rebar is going to be a barrier wall or is it part of the flyover ramp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWGglDMp9bU

This is what they have on the website. BAA74578-2E82-4260-8B00-8C79814E6273.jpeg.81711e7ab4e96269305b5242986391d2.jpeg

I believe what we are looking at is the support for that flyover ramp. It goes over the ground road but the ramp itself is farther away from the Amway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I-4 Ultimate news, got a notice that they are shutting down Colonial between Orange and Hughey all weekend to install the girders for the main roadway across 50. . . They busted out the big-boy crane for this job!

20180824_171715_1535173204485.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 3

I am so confused. gowthspotter had an article up showing Epoch is planning 4 story apartments along palm parkway. The parcel the map shows they closed on was the one that currently has a sign for the Otown West Boardwalk. What the heck is going on? 

On 8/25/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jernigan said:

Is this related to the cracking in the cement that caused them to close Colonial a few months ago?

Nope Beams are going up for the EB mainline I-4 free lanes over Colonial.  No idea what's going to happen to the NB Garland to I-4 EB ramp that's cracking.   They were going to open it to traffic months ago, but FDOT won't let them.  In the meantime SGL can't close the left ramp between Amelia and Colonial on Garland.  

Edited by codypet
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, shardoon said:

I am so confused. gowthspotter had an article up showing Epoch is planning 4 story apartments along palm parkway. The parcel the map shows they closed on was the one that currently has a sign for the Otown West Boardwalk. What the heck is going on? 

dunno...