I4 - Beyond the Ultimate [Pre-construction]

HankStrong

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

backwards-ass State...or is it Dist 5?

Well, it sounds like they'll widen the St. John's River Bridge with an extra lane in each direction- I hope- as opposed to starting the 4th lane on the VoCo side and east like a bunch of yahoos.

The toll lanes will stop just before the bridge in Seminole.

IMO Volusia's rejection of Sunrail might have something to do with this.  Pure speculation though.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

IMO Volusia's rejection of Sunrail might have something to do with this.  Pure speculation though.

OMG, I was just thinking bout just that at lunch...whether there was a correlation.  wouldn't be surprised if it was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Democratic chairman of the U.S. House Transportation Committee wants to fund Beyond the Ultimate as part of a massive infrastructure bill.

Of course, if the Republicans hold the Senate and the White House, they have shown no interest in infrastructure.

See you in November!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/transportation/os-ne-beyond-i4-ultimate-soto-20200309-sxzfa32eoreb3pugpfhjbw5ufi-story.html

From the Sentinel 

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 4:03 PM, spenser1058 said:

The Democratic chairman of the U.S. House Transportation Committee wants to fund Beyond the Ultimate as part of a massive infrastructure bill.

Of course, if the Republicans hold the Senate and the White House, they have shown no interest in infrastructure.

See you in November!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/transportation/os-ne-beyond-i4-ultimate-soto-20200309-sxzfa32eoreb3pugpfhjbw5ufi-story.html

From the Sentinel 

Don't let facts get in the way of anything.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-approach-trillion-infrastructure-plan-69125618

8 minutes ago, orange87 said:

You did read the article, right? Maybe I'm misreading your post, but you're not presenting this as indicative of the President has an actual infrastructure plan, are you?  I'm not making a political argument- I'm just pointing out that his infrastructure plan is the equivalent of 2 chickens in every pot...

17 hours ago, AmIReal said:

You did read the article, right? Maybe I'm misreading your post, but you're not presenting this as indicative of the President has an actual infrastructure plan, are you?  I'm not making a political argument- I'm just pointing out that his infrastructure plan is the equivalent of 2 chickens in every pot...

I was simply disproving Spenser's claim that Trump has no interest in infrastructure. Even if he has given a detailed proposal, he still clearly has interest in it.

18 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

agreed

The fact is that Mitch McConnell’s Senate has not moved on infrastructure (or much of anything else) and The Donald (who has also not seriously proposed an infrastructure bill) is highly unlikely to pass anything sent up by a Democratic Senate/House.

I stand by my statement.

21 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

The fact is that Mitch McConnell’s Senate has not moved on infrastructure (or much of anything else) and The Donald (who has also not seriously proposed an infrastructure bill) is highly unlikely to pass anything sent up by a Democratic Senate/House.

I stand by my statement.

agree with that also

For the most part Republicans like large infrastructure plans when they are in their districts. Democrats like large infrastructure plans that (in the eyes of R's) costs too much.

Remember when they used to be able to negotiate?

10 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

agree with that also

For the most part Republicans like large infrastructure plans when they are in their districts. Democrats like large infrastructure plans that (in the eyes of R's) costs too much.

Remember when they used to be able to negotiate?

That’s what Joe is promising. I’m skeptical but here’s hoping.

They used to be able to make this kind of stuff happen back when pork barrel projects were a thing. I was glad when they got rid of it but in hindsight, I was wrong. Getting members of both bodies to sign off on a bill because (generally) a infrastructure project was in their district was a good thing. 

Bring back pork and you will get more deal making. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, smileguy said:

I am on a COVID call with Rep. Soto, and he is hopeful that the next wave of relief funding, focused on infrastructure, will help move up the timeline of Beyond the Ultimate. 

I'd rather it focused on mass transit, but its better than nothing.

As someone who grew up in Connecticut, I know that the northeastern states in particular have very outdated and (frankly) potentially dangerous infrastructure. Hopefully an infrastructure package could help them and the entire country get into the 21st century infrastructure-wise.

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

As someone who grew up in Connecticut, I know that the northeastern states in particular have very outdated and (frankly) potentially dangerous infrastructure. Hopefully an infrastructure package could help them and the entire country get into the 21st century infrastructure-wise.

I grew up in Bridgeport and I can second this. New England can definitely use some infrastructure improvements.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...