Hyatt Place at Pembroke Park Progress

6 hours ago, urbanlife said:

Is the Chic-Fil-A gonna be in the Hyatt Place Hotel?

No CFA is already built on the other side of the office park (VB Blvd & Kellam). 

Hyatt Place is very adaptable with their architecture. If its in the suburbs it looks like a suburban hotel if its in an urban/downtown setting it blends in to that look. It will be interesting to see what it looks like to get an idea of how Downtown VB is perceived. 

• Like 1

Honestly, those are pretty decent designs for a hotel. The Town Center North plans never called for anything taller than six stories on that particular plot of land, so I wasn't expecting it. This will be a good addition.

It looks nice for that location. I imagine in the end this whole development will just look like a really dense office park, but at least the first signs of architecture looks promising.

Not bad for a Hyatt Place. Would love to get rid of the surface parking, but this is a good start.

Looks like it engages with the corner really well. Pushes the parking to the interior, so it won't be very visible (other than the parking already between the towers that currently exist). I imagine in time there will be garage built in the middle and larger redevelopment will take place.

Edited by mistermetaj
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mistermetaj said:

Looks like it engages with the corner really well. Pushes the parking to the interior, so it won't be very visible (other than the parking already between the towers that currently exist). I imagine in time there will be garage built in the middle and larger redevelopment will take place.

I think what they do with the parking lot north of buildings 2 and 4 are going to be what really makes or breaks this redevelopment. Obviously north of building 2 is the ideal spot for a parking garage that hopefully has retail on the first floor and residential above the garage. Then above building 4 would be a good spot for something mixed use or even a combination of two buildings. Overall, this could turn into a really cool urban pocket if done right.

Central VB needs more hotels, so this is great for them. I used to work off Lynnhaven Parkway, and I think our clients from Pennsylvania always stayed at the strip or the Hilton Garden Inn at Town Center. So, it's good to see another option coming.

And we have some activity. Construction fence is up and there's a bulldozer on site. 

• Like 1

That was quick. I might need to separate this one out into a progress thread.

This will be a nice project in addition to town center. Hopefully the enhanced streetscape the city is installing will inspire more redevelopment of this area. With Wegmans coming and occupying a large footprint, large tracts of land are very few. 

Edited by urbanvb

For some reason, the rendering reminds me of something you'd see in DC. I like it...hopefully they stick to something close to that design.

• Like 1

https://pilotonline.com/news/article_30652c2e-44c8-11e8-8f50-336033f33e1e.html

design change...slight.

thoughts?

i like the shape of the top of the original glass corner tower better, the orig windows to the left of the glass tower...the orig applied decorative lattic, and the way the roofline was varied in the original. UGH. Still nice tho.

IMG_4193.PNG

Edited by baobabs727

Didn't notice this at first. Are we sure this is the newest rendering? 3 days is awfully quick to decide to just make a sudden change like that. It's nonsensical. I'm not sold that this is actually the final rendering. I think this may be the original and all the other publications printed the newest one.