Sign in to follow this  
BorninSparkleCity

Public Art

I am new to UrbanPlanet/Spartanburg.  I was born in Spartanburg and get there from time to time but live in NC and Murrells Inlet in retirement.  I have checked in with this site from time to time and caught, occasionally, a glimpse of public art.  Is there a thread which focuses on Spartanburg Public Art?  If so, someone please point me in that direction.  If not, those of you who like to take photographs, please post some from time to time.  The renaissance of downtown is heart-warming.

• Like 2

I am new to UrbanPlanet/Spartanburg.  I was born in Spartanburg and get there from time to time but live in NC and Murrells Inlet in retirement.  I have checked in with this site from time to time and caught, occasionally, a glimpse of public art.  Is there a thread which focuses on Spartanburg Public Art?  If so, someone please point me in that direction.  If not, those of you who like to take photographs, please post some from time to time.  The renaissance of downtown is heart-warming.

Check out www.spartanburgartwalk.org
It updates all the time based on what is happening in Spartanburg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BorninSparkleCity said:

Here is an installation that I have never seen at night.  Nicely executed. (found in a Google search) 

76825958.jpg

I believe this art is located at the intersection of Heywood / Skylyn and Drayton Road.  Its stunning at night.

• Like 1

Is there any kinetic public art around?  This is a nice little piece which whirls and spins to welcome you to Lenoir, NC.

West_Wind_Sentinels.jpg

Edited by BorninSparkleCity