Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

16 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I'm thinking maybe it's about time they re-skinned that building.

Maybe take that silver cladding material off that's in between the horizontal strips of windows and replace it with glass.

Then go back and put in new matching glass in the windows.

Just make the entire building glass.

Or just change the color from silver to something else. Use a very tough wearing paint of some kind that will both adhere to that material and also withstand the sun and the elements for a long time. If something like that exists.

Maybe do something interesting on the roof.

Or paint it baby blue!

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, jrs2 said:

"The Refrigerator!"  I love it.  We've got the Copper Whopper and The Refrigerator downtown.  IMO, I think The Refrigerator could've been more iconic had it been a minimum of 24 stories tall and floor plates at least 50% larger, maybe even rectangular instead of square floor plates.  

Yeah, true about not holding our breaths for future phases... Olympia Tower comes to mind... DuPont, of course... 101 Eola Drive...

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, codypet said:

800 N. Magnolia too.  There was supposed to be a partner over where Nora is today.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, AmIReal said:

Hence, Park Lake Towers... was intended to be a pair.

do we have renderings of these phases? 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

I still like this

400NOrange.jpg

The facade of the pedestal that runs from side to side across the rear, reminds me of the back side of the Harley Hotel/Metropolitan on Palmetto Ave.

metropolitanrear.jpg

52 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

If your building likes to cosplay as a disco ball, this is a trend for you!

I had to look up the definition of "cosplay".... :blush:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

The facade of the pedestal that runs from side to side across the rear, reminds me of the back side of the Harley Hotel/Metropolitan on Palmetto Ave.

metropolitanrear.jpg

I had to look up the definition of "cosplay".... :blush:

C'mon JFW, come be one of the cool kids with us! (Actually, cosplay is kind of geeky, so of course I'm all over it...)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

He's been busy playing lacrosse! *runs*

Steve Goodman from "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request"

The Cubs made me a criminal, yeah that's what they did.
They stole my youth from me.
I'd forsake my teachers to go sit in the bleachers
In flagrant truancy

And then one thing led to another
And soon I discovered alcohol.  Gambling. Dope
Football. Hockey. Lacrosse...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

JFW IS The NRA

My best friend when I was a kid was a card carrying NRA member at 12 years old.

Used to ride his sting ray bicycle down the side of the highway to his NRA meetings one Saturday a month, with his .22 rifle slung across his back and a box of ammo in his shirt pocket.

I occasionally amuse myself imagining what would happen if a 12 y/o kid did that today.

I'm thinking SWAT team, helicopters, local news live on the scene....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

My best friend when I was a kid was a card carrying NRA member at 12 years old.

Used to ride his sting ray bicycle down the side of the highway to his NRA meetings one Saturday a month, with his .22 rifle slung across his back and a box of ammo in his shirt pocket.

I occasionally amuse myself imagining what would happen if a 12 y/o kid did that today.

I'm thinking SWAT team, helicopters, local news live on the scene....

Wow!

My parents had a pic of me when I was about 8 on Christmas Day in a long-sleeve button-down shirt standing by my brand new Sting Ray holding my Man From U.N.C.L.E. attaché case. I was so debonair!

My Sting-Ray, of course, was from the Colonialtown Schwinn Cyclery on Mills. I got all my bikes* there until '91 or so and then they had the audacity to go out of business (of course, Schwinn itself died about that time.)

*except my first one which came from Monkey Ward on W. Colonial

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, JFW657 said:

I've got Olympia Place,

olympiatower.png

...but I'll have to look for the complete refrigerator rendering with all three proposed buildings. Someone posted it here and I saved it, but not on this computer.

wow thank you! im glad the top wasn't built.. looks really off haha

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, sunshine said:

I still like this

400NOrange.jpg

aesthetically this render looks better than the new and  official one, but the designs are lackluster 

2 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

The Olympia Place building with the funny top was a second phase, not the original building.  There used to be a model of this in the back of the lobby in the existing tower. I used to circle the lot every once in awhile back in the day to look for any sign of progress.

yeah...this was in response to the prior posts about other multi-phase projects where their second and/or third phases never saw the light of day...

• Like 1