Jernigan

Golden Sparrow | Three-tower Residential [Proposed]

X Orlando developer eliminates green wall, reduces height to appease neighbor 

Article goes on to say that the third tower will be reduced from 24 stories to 20 stories. But, the second tower may increase due to the change. 

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-x-orlando-developer-eliminates-green-wall-reduces-height-to-appease-neighbor-20190117-story.html

• Thanks 2

That is kind of ridiculous.   They can't act like there isn't two towers on the next block over and a proposal for the tallest on the diagonal lot.  

• Like 2

Who knows, maybe it was just easier to shut them up then to fight it...or the developer agrees that this outcome is even better for them.   Or even still, they could apply to add the height back by the time they get to phase 3...which should be an easier request then with other new development being built around them including ZOI

17 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

X Orlando developer eliminates green wall, reduces height to appease neighbor 

Article goes on to say that the third tower will be reduced from 24 stories to 20 stories. But, the second tower may increase due to the change. 

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-x-orlando-developer-eliminates-green-wall-reduces-height-to-appease-neighbor-20190117-story.html

Now I've lost what little interest I had in this project. Yet another typical stubby joke in downtown Orlando.

1 minute ago, orange87 said:

Now I've lost what little interest I had in this project. Yet another typical stubby joke in downtown Orlando.

Someday it will happen - we just have to keep the dream alive:

Somehow they were allowed to build, pretty much as-designed, in notoriously NIMBY Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

So is this and X Orlando the same development? If so, why are there two different threads.

Are there two threads?

I looked and couldn't find another one.

5 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Are there two threads?

I looked and couldn't find another one.

Okay that’s weird. I just looked too, but I swear I saw them both on the “new posts” page at the same time.

5 hours ago, orange87 said:

Uh, what?  So I honestly don't intend this as rude, but you have a strange fascination with height.  This is only impacting the FINAL phase (which means we're talking 5+ years away).  And there's still going to be a 17 and 25 (OR MORE!!!) story phase one and two.  Suddenly taking phase 3 from 24 to 20 is a dealbreaker for you?

More importantly it's adding over 850 residential units and 40,000 sqft of commercial on what has a possibility of being a "midtown" "main & main" (gawd I hate both those terms). 

This lot doesn't need to be mega-high.  It's a big enough parcel.  Complimenting BoA and OCC is the right move, allowing Zoi to be on the final corner as the flagpole in the sky.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyPok1 said:

Uh, what?  So I honestly don't intend this as rude, but you have a strange fascination with height.  This is only impacting the FINAL phase (which means we're talking 5+ years away).  And there's still going to be a 17 and 25 (OR MORE!!!) story phase one and two.  Suddenly taking phase 3 from 24 to 20 is a dealbreaker for you?

More importantly it's adding over 850 residential units and 40,000 sqft of commercial on what has a possibility of being a "midtown" "main & main" (gawd I hate both those terms). 

This lot doesn't need to be mega-high.  It's a big enough parcel.  Complimenting BoA and OCC is the right move, allowing Zoi to be on the final corner as the flagpole in the sky.

I'm tired of buildings being wider than they are tall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1