Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

1 hour ago, bqknight said:

Does it change from Open to Paid though? Or does open mean they've paid? I only see Closed, Finaled and Open as status options. 

MPL means master plan.  They have not submitted to permitting yet. If a project has, it will have a link with the 1st few initials BLD. Click that and the rest is intuitive.  Try other projects that are under construction to familiarize yourself with it. 

Great news, finally something going up.

The link with the renders in the first page is broken, anyone have final renderings or a link?

At least with this one and the new Church Street plaza that is supposed to break ground soon we'll have some activity

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flotex said:

At least with this one and the new Church Street plaza that is supposed to break ground soon we'll have some activity 

And Radius, Creative Village, 520 Church, N Magnolia hotel,  Orange & Robinson apartments....

• Thanks 1

And Radius, Creative Village, 520 Church, N Magnolia hotel,  Orange & Robinson apartments....
I mean tower activity, Sparrow and Church Street are if I am not wrong in in the 25/30 stories range.

That will make some impact in the Orlando skyline at least.
I know there is a lot of low rise activity in Orlando, but in my opinion a 8/10 stories apartment building in prime location is not what I am expecting for a city with the explosive growth of Orlando.

2 hours ago, Flotex said:

I mean tower activity, Sparrow and Church Street are if I am not wrong in in the 25/30 stories range.

That will make some impact in the Orlando skyline at least.
I know there is a lot of low rise activity in Orlando, but in my opinion a 8/10 stories apartment building in prime location is not what I am expecting for a city with the explosive growth of Orlando.

OTOH, some of us would rather see downtown remain a bit more towards the smaller scale. 

A couple more 30 - 35 story towers and maybe one or two in the 40 story range would be fine with me.

I think creating a nice streetwall along Orange Ave is more important than a dozen 50 - 60 story towers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

OTOH, some of us would rather see downtown remain a bit more towards the smaller scale. 

A couple more 30 - 35 story towers and maybe one or two in the 40 story range would be fine with me.

I think creating a nice streetwall along Orange Ave is more important than a dozen 50 - 60 story towers.

Compromise:  those dozen 50 to 60 story towers are the ones lining Orange Ave thuse creating that wall.

5 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Compromise:  those dozen 50 to 60 story towers are the ones lining Orange Ave thuse creating that wall.

Not something I'd really want to see.

I don't know how long you've lived here, but I think some of us who've been around since the 80's and before, and who remember the small town feel that downtown used to have, don't really relish the idea of seeing it turn into Houston. 

JMHO. ;)

Downtown Houston has over forty full city blocks dedicated to surface parking lots.  Surprisingly, they've done a good job keeping their street grid together though.  Once we get rid of about 90% of our prime downtown surface parking lots, I'll start getting interested in height.

Back on topic, I'm surprised that this project went ahead and applied for a foundation permit for tower #2.  Does it seem more likely that they might do phases 1 and 2 together or is there some logistical reason that they would want to do the foundation for phase 2 early?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gibby said:

Downtown Houston has over forty full city blocks dedicated to surface parking lots.  Surprisingly, they've done a good job keeping their street grid together though.  Once we get rid of about 90% of our prime downtown surface parking lots, I'll start getting interested in height.

Back on topic, I'm surprised that this project went ahead and applied for a foundation permit for tower #2.  Does it seem more likely that they might do phases 1 and 2 together or is there some logistical reason that they would want to do the foundation for phase 2 early?

I would think that it would make more sense financially to do them together.

Same for tower 3, but if they aren't doing the foundation for that one up front too, I'm guessing we'll be waiting several years, if it ever even happens.

I've never had a lot of faith that we'll see all three of them go up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I would think that it would make more sense financially to do them together.

Same for tower 3, but if they aren't doing the foundation for that one up front too, I'm guessing we'll be waiting several years, if it ever even happens.

I've never had a lot of faith that we'll see all three of them go up.

I keep waiting for Refrigerators 2, 3 and 4 over by Fairwinds but somehow they just never happen...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, Flotex said:

The link with the renders in the first page is broken, anyone have final renderings or a link?

Yeahhhh none of the small squabble buildings are worth any photos. This definitely will be. 

3 hours ago, Metro said:

A fabric screen is now up on the fence so that's some progress.

wow.  They are already doing sitework at the Orange & Robinson site.  Imagine this site too, being developed simultaneously.  Next all we need is the redo of the Amelia & Orange low rise bldg. which for some odd reason seems to still be in limbo.

5 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

wow.  They are already doing sitework at the Orange & Robinson site.  Imagine this site too, being developed simultaneously.  Next all we need is the redo of the Amelia & Orange low rise bldg. which for some odd reason seems to still be in limbo.

Not to nit-pick (okay, okay I'm nit-picking) but I think that building is solidly in the mid-rise range. ;)

Anyway, what I'd love to see happen there, would be an updated redesign in which a few more floors were added.

Make it about 8 - 10 stories. :thumbsup:

The extra waiting will have been worth it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Not to nit-pick (okay, okay I'm nit-picking) but I think that building is solidly in the mid-rise range. ;)

Anyway, what I'd love to see happen there, would be an updated redesign in which a few more floors were added.

Make it about 8 - 10 stories. :thumbsup:

The extra waiting will have been worth it.

do we know what the holdup is with that one?  It's right on the border of the Sentinel property I think.

On 2/4/2020 at 12:06 PM, spenser1058 said:

But have the port-a-potties arrived? That’s when, ummm, poo gets real.

(We’d call in Ron Paul but he’s busy with Iowa caucus conspiracies at the moment...)

Two port-a-potties are on the northwest side of the site near the LYNX SunRail station.