Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

• 2 weeks later...

It means they are finished drilling piles. The yellow crane was a mobile unit that they moved around the site to hold the drill rig.  They will be replacing it with Tower Crane(s) for the vertical construction.  

Look for tower sections to be shipped to the site soon for assembly. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, orange87 said:

Is this on hold?

I know I saw some news articles on non-payment of rent early on in the pandemic, so I wondered if that had something to do with it. 

Here's the data from National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)’s Rent Payment Tracker - https://www.nmhc.org/rentpaymenttracker

I am surprised at how many people are still paying (and curious as to what the recent cuts to unemployment will do to that number).  By and large, rent payment is down a couple of percentage points over a year ago -- which I know adds up -- but is still above 95% over the last three months (though much of that is late.) 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, codypet said:

Hmm say this dies and all the foundations are already in the ground.  Doesn't it make it just that much harder for something new to come in and replace it?

There are probably still foundations in the ground on that site from when William DuPont started to build an 18 story hotel there then stopped when the deal fell through.

I remember I could hear the pile drivers going all day everyday for a good couple of weeks or so,  from inside my apartment at Summerlin & Pine St. 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, codypet said:

Hmm say this dies and all the foundations are already in the ground.  Doesn't it make it just that much harder for something new to come in and replace it?

Yes & no,  if they are aggregate piers that aren't in the way of any utility lines no big deal (assuming you weren't trying to go subterranean).  If they are in the way however.....