Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

"PMG officials were hoping to go vertical this month, but that has been pushed back a few months because securing a construction loan has been tricky during the pandemic."

In other words, this isn't happening. 

Edited by KnightBay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KnightBay said:

"PMG officials were hoping to go vertical this month, but that has been pushed back a few months because securing a construction loan has been tricky during the pandemic."

If phase one is "ify," then you can certainly kiss phase two and three goodbye. Maybe it's for the best if this doesn't get built because if only phase one gets built, then this building will look pretty bad. And that's saying something because it's just an empty lot right now.

Edited by orange87

17 hours ago, KnightBay said:

Maybe, but plenty of projects have closed debt and equity since the shutdown. Tampa has an new apartment high-rise that is getting started. They closed on their loan recently.  

20 hours ago, orange87 said:

If phase one is "ify," then you can certainly kiss phase two and three goodbye. Maybe it's for the best if this doesn't get built because if only phase one gets built, then this building will look pretty bad. And that's saying something because it's just an empty lot right now.

I thought phase II was part of Phase I now?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

$1,200 a month for a studio”

LMAO I can literally  rent or buy a house and pay that amount as rent/mortgage. And it’s not even a regular studio, it’s a college dorm style living. That’s what’s killing me 

$1200 for what will probably be gypsum board floors and walls is literally ridiculous. Some of my friends and cousins have had to leave their apartments because they got laid off and can’t pay $900 rents even with unemployment money and stored savings. 

Therefore, is there even a market for this right now?

I'm just so over the whole “overpaying for mediocre housing” that has become so prevalent in Florida lately 

Edited by W7edwin
  • Like 2

BIG improvement! Disappointing that we'll have to wait a bit longer for construction to start, but it's three stories taller now and not as bulky as before. I love it!

This might be the first time that a project in Orlando actually improved by getting Orlando'd/scaled down.

Edited by orange87
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

Graphic is 100% not happening.

Blank wall it is then. 

10 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Couple of us called this about a year ago. . . 

I like it better, other than the  view from I-4 looks like the building is facing away from you. 

Because it is. But it would look better  if the visor spanned the entire length of the towers. 

I'm not sure why they don't start from scratch instead of clinging to the original design. I'm more concerned about losing 182 apartments which translates to less people living downtown thus impacting our population stats, etc. Also, Golden Sparrow originally qualified for a density bonus so I wonder if them scaling back will affect this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

I'm not sure why they don't start from scratch instead of clinging to the original design. I'm more concerned about losing 182 apartments which translates to less people living downtown thus impacting our population stats, etc. Also, Golden Sparrow originally qualified for a density bonus so I wonder if them scaling back will affect this.

If you look closely at it, it appears as though a fair amount of redesign has taken place.

Maybe the basic layout is more or less the same, but apparently that's what the developers want.

It looks better than the original, stubby 17 story tower notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

From what they last stated, the first phase would be the pedestal/garage and the 1st 28-story tower. Phase 2 would be the second tower. 

I guess that was the original plan.

I'll be happy if they do the taller one first.

I'd hate to have to spend any time looking at that lop-sided short thing sticking up there.

• Like 1

Not placing any wagers on whether or not this will happen - and honestly I'm not even sure how I feel about the overall design.  But I have to give major credit for the contextualism in the step down from Tower 1 to Tower 2 to Crescent Central Station - a widened mirroring of the BOA steps, while also leaving an opening for a view of the OC Courthouse from CV.

Edited by uncreativeusername
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, W7edwin said:

$1,200 a month for a studio”

LMAO I can literally  rent or buy a house and pay that amount as rent/mortgage. And it’s not even a regular studio, it’s a college dorm style living. That’s what’s killing me 

You're correct.  The problem is the down payment.  Even if you have good enough credit to qualify for 5% down.  A house in one of the urban areas is largely at least 300k.  Being able to get 25k for 5% down and closing costs takes a while to save.  Which means you need to keep overpaying for apartments until then if you want to live downtown.

• Like 1