Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

Yes, it would be temporary for excavation purposes if that is what it is. I assumed it was for the elevator shafts below ground but haven't seen if it is in those locations.  I am just going off of seeing one being driven into the ground as I drove by in rush-hour traffic on Orange in the furthest lane from the site. 

They already did the drill and pour concrete pilings (for about 8 months) for the foundation system.   

45 minutes ago, ChiDev said:

I thought this project called for no subterranean?  I've seen interconnected sheet pile systems used to build subterranean parking using prefab concrete & a build-as-you-dig type setup, but never one used in place of deep piers for a high-rise.  Its common in markets like the mid-west, where you have muddy soils but an ultimately low water table.

Some examples

Was there a sub-floor I missed on the renderings?  My guess is that this isn't an interlocking sheet pyle system, but a temporary retention pyle system so they can work on their slab type foundation atop aggregate piers.  More like below:

We do it down here for elevators depending on the conditions.

• Like 1

Much needed highrise, glad it's at least 320+ feet.  The 11 story and 13 story buildings that are almost done will add over 1,100 people to the area in addition to Society.  This part of downtown is starting to fill out.  Another Publix or a Trader Joe's and an actual pharmacy would compliment the area nicely.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, GregoryMCSE said:

A city block wide.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  It will look great from a profile prospective but from this view perhaps not so great. 

It's definitely too long of a building. 

The shorter one is going to look even more weird. 

Not the best designed project by far but it belongs right in that lot with Crescent Central or whatever that trash next to it is called. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

It's definitely too long of a building. 

The shorter one is going to look even more weird. 

Not the best designed project by far but it belongs right in that lot with Crescent Central or whatever that trash next to it is called. 

But Buddy nearly hyperventilated announcing what a YUGE project Crescent Central was for downtown. It can be nothing less than WONDERFUL.

• Haha 1

Concrete pour forms for the 1-2 story structural columns going up today. Should see concrete pump trucks with booms come on site to begin going vertical with columns. (they might do night or weekend pours to get the trucks in fast without traffic given the location).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Concrete pour forms for the 1-2 story structural columns going up today. Should see concrete pump trucks with booms come on site to begin going vertical with columns. (they might do night or weekend pours to get the trucks in fast without traffic given the location).

Doesn't there need to be a foundation poured first?

Or at least individual footers?

I haven't seen any piles being driven either.

Are there individual footers being poured as part part of each of the first floor columns?