Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

So from that angle, we're pretty much done for skyline height. We got a couple of Churches, the post office, FedEx Block, and a lot of established businesses. 

It's a shame that the Orange and Robinson Building couldn't be just a bit taller and less fat. 

The only real property available to change that view is the old gas station and I am sure as hell that the problems associated with it being an old gas station are more than the footprint and view is worth. 

16 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

PXL_20210628_161125775.jpg

PXL_20210628_161113712.jpg

PXL_20210628_161110750.jpg

Nice to see this project  get built. I was pretty skeptical it would go up since it was on pause for so long. 

But also, is that Nissan going the wrong way on Orange in that last picture? 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ajc said:

Nice to see this project  get built. I was pretty skeptical it would go up since it was on pause for so long. 

But also, is that Nissan going the wrong way on Orange in that last picture? 

The wrong way in the wrong lane.  Like they know its a one way, but just have the direction wrong.

• Like 1

That actually happens a lot there.  People turning left out of BOA parking lot the wrong way, and people getting screwed up by the dedicated bus lane on Livingston that they think is a median.  I have seen 6 wrong way drivers in the past couple of months on Orange, Livingston, and Magnolia after the pandemic re-opening. 

Edited by dcluley98

1 minute ago, dcluley98 said:

That actually happens a lot there.  People turning left out of BOA parking lot the wrong way, and people getting screwed up by the dedicated bus land on Livingston that they think is a median.  I have seen 6 wrong way drivers in the past couple of months on Orange, Livingston, and Magnolia after the pandemic re-opening. 

And @jrs2thinks the pedestrians are the problem…

• Haha 1

A lot of times they are too. Randos consistently try to jaywalk across orange at the Courthouse and BOA because they are too lazy to go to the corner light, and then when the lights turn green they are stuck in the middle of the road because they don't have enough time to cross the four lanes of traffic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

A lot of times they are too. Randos consistently try to jaywalk across orange at the Courthouse and BOA because they are too lazy to go to the corner light, and then when the lights turn green they are stuck in the middle of the road because they don't have enough time to cross the four lanes of traffic. 

Having been hit (along with my dog) at the intersection of Silver Star Rd. and Powers Dr., in a marked crosswalk with the light green on my side by a Camaro who saw no reason to stop for us because he was turning right on red, you’ll pardon my skepticism.

We also won’t talk about those who blow through TWO stop signs at E. Washington and Eola Dr., despite it having pedestrians in abundance most of the time during the day.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Having been hit (along with my dog) at the intersection of Silver Star Rd. and Powers Dr., in a marked crosswalk with the light green on my side by a Camaro who saw no reason to stop for us because he was turning right on red, you’ll pardon my skepticism.

We also won’t talk about those who blow through TWO stop signs at E. Washington and Eola Dr., despite it having pedestrians in abundance most of the time during the day.

cars scare the beJesus out of me when on foot.  I always assume someone is looking to run my over ala Death Race 2000.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any guesstimates of how high, in terms of floors completed, that this tower will be by the end of the year?

There are just under 25 weeks left in 2021.

Once the ground floor is complete and they really get going, I'm guessing, because of the size of the building's footprint, they'll complete one floor about every 1½ - 2 weeks or so.

I'm gonna say around 12 - 15 floors by the new year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Any guesstimates of how high, in terms of floors completed, that this tower will be by the end of the year?

There are just under 25 weeks left in 2021.

Once the ground floor is complete and they really get going, I'm guessing, because of the size of the building's footprint, they'll complete one floor about every 1½ - 2 weeks or so.

I'm gonna say around 12 - 15 floors by the new year. 

Given Central Florida's weather, I'd say 8-10 stories or less. 

7 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Any idea if it’ll be visible from Lake Eola? There’s like 2 or 3 areas from the park that have gaps I’m hoping will be filled in.

I think you would have to be on Central Ave in front of Publix to see it.  Otherwise, I think, Vue and Fifth 3rd and Skyhouse will mask it from Eola Drive corridor.  Dcluley98 has a photo at the top of this page that illustrates that a little.

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1