Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

so this will be taller than CitiTower...by a bit...it's gonna look sharp

And the cool thing is CitiTower is still visible from I-4 despite being shorter than Society Tower and being a good distance away in the back. I think Society Tower will have quite a presence when you drive past it on I-4 that we won't fully appreciate until it's completed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

This is gonna look a bit odd if phase 2 doesn't end up getting built. That's an ENORMOUS base. Also, for the sake of my OCD, I hope they upscale phase 2 to an even 20 floors.

I was wishing we would get these as twins as far as height. But I'd be okay getting ANYTHING taller than Central Station

• Like 3

15 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

This should help to enhance the emerging street wall and canyon-like effect on Livingston street that now terminates with Radius and the new hotel. 

A few infill developments, notably at Orange / Livingston would really pull together this corridor.

They should extend Lymmo to Rosalind 

2 hours ago, FLheat said:

Where? it runs one block parallel to Rosalind on Magnolia already. Magnolia has dedicated bus lanes and light control.

I assumed so the NQ bus doesn't have to jump onto Livingston for that half a block.  Seems like a lot of work for just that route.

31 minutes ago, ajc said:

New article on Society Orlando progress with tons of new construction pictures:

https://floridayimby.com/2021/07/pmgs-society-orlando-begins-vertical-ascent-in-downtown-orlando.html

I think it's worth mentioning that it appears they may be accelerating the construction of the two towers as they're pouring the concrete core for the 17-story tower now. Phase I & II might not be very far apart after all. 

Did the scale this down?  Isn't the big tower in the mid-20's as far as floor height?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Did the scale this down?  Isn't the big tower in the mid-20's as far as floor height?

Yeah, that was just in reference to the second tower. There's the 28-story south tower (phase I) and the 17-story north tower (phase II).

The article points out that they're starting to pour the concrete core for the 17-story tower already, suggesting the time gap between the two phases being completed possibly won't be large. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ajc said:

Yeah, that was just in reference to the second tower. There's the 28-story south tower (phase I) and the 17-story north tower (phase II).

The article points out that they're starting to pour the concrete core for the 17-story tower already, suggesting the time gap between the two phases being completed possibly won't be large. 

Ah...gotcha.  Thx.

53 minutes ago, ajc said:

The article is correct. I couldn't snap a picture of it but it's definitely true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

Would be a great corner for a highly visible restaurant or retail outlet.

I just drove Livingston last night EB rather slowly and the sheer bulk of this project is impressive.   To think that most of it's length is going vertical is going to create an urban canyon.  it will be very cool.   

• Like 3