Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

8 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Well no sh**, who wants train brakes and bus brakes?

Or, wait, is that sarcasm?     Choo, choo!?

I don't know, but whatever the noise level might be, it had nothing to do with what I was saying.

I was speaking from a purely visual POV.

Besides, I doubt the noise level from trains and buses would be loud enough to really bother all but the most noise-sensitive people. 

And above ten floors with the windows shut and the TV on I doubt you could hear it at all. 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:40 AM, JFW657 said:

I don't know, but whatever the noise level might be, it had nothing to do with what I was saying.

I was speaking from a purely visual POV.

Besides, I doubt the noise level from trains and buses would be loud enough to really bother all but the most noise-sensitive people. 

And above ten floors with the windows shut and the TV on I doubt you could hear it at all. 

Having lived at 55 West facing the train tracks on the 25th floor, I can tell you that sound VERY MUCH travels up.

I agree, that it isn't bothersome.  But even that high, I'd have to pause tv or hit the 10 second rewind button when the whistle was directly below my apartment because you couldn't hear what they were saying over it.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:22 AM, Gtothree2748 said:

Current renderings vs. my best attempt to get the same angles this morning. 

F98BA25D-8114-4A1F-B054-B7C8DF7EAC5E.thumb.jpeg.0e979b50df7d88bce20934cbc5b233d4.jpeg

I'm confused. If these are the same angles, how does the taller tower (the only one u/c so far) suddenly become the shorter tower? I'm also seeing less floors in the pedestal, which makes me wonder what they've done to the rest of the building.

28 minutes ago, F-L-A said:

I'm confused. If these are the same angles, how does the taller tower (the only one u/c so far) suddenly become the shorter tower? I'm also seeing less floors in the pedestal, which makes me wonder what they've done to the rest of the building.

The bottom comparison is confusing me.

Edited by orange87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F-L-A said:

I think those renderings are still from the 3 tower version. But even from newer renderings, there is a floor missing in the pedestal.