Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

So looking at the height it looks like we're not even going to get 28 or 26 stories with these (new to me) renderings since they have partnered with Raven. I didn't count that many floors on these renderings which I haven't seen but they closely resemble what is currently being constructed. I'm upset we lost our proposed height and unit count because of crappy station next door. Could have been one hell of a SunRail Stop. 

Screenshot_20220228-222917.png

3 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

So looking at the height it looks like we're not even going to get 28 or 26 stories with these (new to me) renderings since they have partnered with Raven. I didn't count that many floors on these renderings which I haven't seen but they closely resemble what is currently being constructed. I'm upset we lost our proposed height and unit count because of crappy station next door. Could have been one hell of a SunRail Stop. 

Those are old renderings from the 3 tower plan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrlandoBeaver said:

I think these are the most updated. they have them on the website @ https://societyliving.com/society-orlando/

Looks like about 17-19 floors.

Not ideal but we are still lucky this happened in the first  place.

I'm not so sure.  look at the parking pedestal;  the rendering is when it was taller and then the City had them shorten it to just 3 levels above the double first floor level; the rendering shows 5 levels above that.

11 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

If you look closely at the top rendering you can see the third tower. I think these are old renderings.   As far as I know the current tower will be at least 26 stories if not 28. 

Edited by GregoryMCSE

1 hour ago, OrlandoBeaver said:

I think these are the most updated. they have them on the website @ https://societyliving.com/society-orlando/

Looks like about 17-19 floors.

Not ideal but we are still lucky this happened in the first  place.

They are definitely the old renderings. It is absurd that Society is using outdating renderings in their own promo materials...but they are. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GregoryMCSE said:

If you look closely at the top rendering you can see the third tower. I think these are old renderings.   As far as I know the current tower will be at least 26 stories if not 28. 

That's BOA. 

22 minutes ago, GregoryMCSE said:

A third tower isn't visible in the top rendering - that's the roof visor of the second tower sticking out. (Or BoA, as @jack pointed out - not sure which you were looking at.)

The give away is that the second tower is in the location it was supposed to be in before they eliminated the third tower. It was the center tower which was eliminated. It's obvious from the outdated first rendering on their website, because you can see the empty grassy area left over for the third tower (which is now where the second tower will go).  Also, the tower closest to (the building formerly known as) BoA was the tallest in the final plan. 

society dumb.jpg

Edited by uncreativeusername
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

The height isn't important to the city. But me personally, just hate not having accurate info so I guess I'll just have to go count the floors. 

For a reference when I took this pic last Friday I counted 18 floors so far. The ground level is a tall gape so I counted it as 2 floors.

5DBB8BC0-EC74-4F61-9DCD-B26EC17C5148.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregoryMCSE said:

Great photos.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.   

Thank you. I wish we had more construction going on downtown. I absolutely adore photography even though I'm an amateur with a cell phone. But there aren't any other projects happening downtown at the moment. So I don't have more to contribute unfortunately

• Like 1