Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

36 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I gotta say I just don't get the disdain for color on buildings some have.

Those pastel accents were the only thing I liked about that place.

Screenshot-20220316-174650.jpg

Now it's just another white and grey shoebox like the rest of them. 

Blah. 

I’m good with anything but teal, please (brown’s awfully boring, though, as we learned in the ‘70’s - my parents went whole hog with a brown car, a brown truck and a beige house with brown trim - I had nightmares for a decade…).

Not sure how credible YIMBY is but according to them, phase 1 currently under construction will top out late April/early May at 26 stories and 330 feet. It's currently at 20 stories. Meanwhile, phase 2 will be 16 stories and somewhere close to 200 feet.

https://floridayimby.com/2022/03/phase-one-of-pmgs-society-orlando-nears-topping-out-at-434-north-orange-avenue.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Not sure how credible YIMBY is but according to them, phase 1 currently under construction will top out late April/early May at 26 stories and 330 feet. It's currently at 20 stories. Meanwhile, phase 2 will be 16 stories and somewhere close to 200 feet.

https://floridayimby.com/2022/03/phase-one-of-pmgs-society-orlando-nears-topping-out-at-434-north-orange-avenue.html

The developer itself promoted the story, so I think it's pretty accurate. This will be the 8th tallest building in (downtown) Orlando, if the 330ft is accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, bqknight said:

The developer itself promoted the story, so I think it's pretty accurate. This will be the 8th tallest building in (downtown) Orlando, if the 330ft is accurate. 

Downtown Orlando will probably have at least ten buildings that are 300+ feet tall by next year. Not too bad for a city of its size.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

A few snaps from I-4... taken 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:

20220307_162304.thumb.jpg.cf1a69af4b32f2051ed7d02b4c85e6e9.jpg

20220307_162347.thumb.jpg.b60eb34ef79929db1e2071b47f37e03f.jpg

20220307_162405.thumb.jpg.537051bfa0d4fa37a36056e27001433d.jpg

Yikes, I always knew this was gonna be very wide but this shot makes it clear that it isn't gonna look that great from I-4 westbound, which imo is the best view of the skyline. Probably will look good from 408 westbound though.

Def not complaining. Just hope we had more buildings that were tall and skinny :(

Edited by Uncommon
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

Yikes, I always knew this was gonna be very wide but this shot makes it clear that it isn't gonna look that great from I-4 westbound, which imo is the best view of the skyline. Probably will look good from 408 westbound though.

Def not complaining. Just hope we had more buildings that were tall and skinny :(

What skyline? j/k

Reminds me of something that happened years ago when a friend came to visit from out of state:

Him: Where's your downtown, is it coming up?
Me: We literally just passed it... (we took Anderson exit off I-4)
Him: Where?
Me: Where those tall buildings were...
Him: What tall buildings??

He was legit confused/not impressed lol.

Edited by nite owℓ

I think he was expecting more. Since Orlando is a well known city all over the world he probably expected downtown to be built up a lot more than it is. Also, he's European... so he was still under the impression that Daytona Beach was a must-see destination equivalent to its heyday in the 90's.

I find myself explaining to people from larger cities that we are more equivalent to a built-up suburban downtown--otherwise it just does not compute lol.

Edited by nite owℓ

14 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

I’ve experienced a different scenario where out of out of towners  think Lake Buena Vista or I Drive areas ARE Downtown Orlando and are surprised there is an actual downtown business core in the area.

Locals don't know that this is very much the common theme. When I worked at the hotels, people did not know Orlando had a real downtown or as you said they thought that international drive was downtown. A lot of people don't realize orlando is actually much more than the tourist district. Not to mention Disney isn't even in Orlando technically but you can't tell anybody that lol

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

I’ve experienced a different scenario where out of out of towners  think Lake Buena Vista or I Drive areas ARE Downtown Orlando and are surprised there is an actual downtown business core in the area.

that's almost like a Las Vegas-type of analysis they are doing....in that...in Vegas, you think The Strip is downtown or the center of town.  It is the center of town but downtown is of course farther north on Fremont.  They probably attach the same analysis here.  And people usually assume the center of town is where the action is.  Take Paris...La Defence is their CBD but the action is at the known hotspots...