Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 4:24 AM, eq1974 said:

A progressing photo that’s a little bit different this month. Note: you can see glass  that has been added, bottom left on the building.

1BA85747-75AC-4D72-9A3A-E8D889CFB6CE.jpeg

what's really awesome about this shot is also the fact that it was taken from Radius...

• Like 2

Yeah, it's not done yet. The wood on top is actually a concrete form for the top layer of the base and there are stubs of what looks like PVC or conduit for lighting and/or sprinklers. I would assume they would do some landscaping around it too, probably. 

Just to the south they planted a stand of pine trees that you can see in the background. I believe they will plant some shrubs around the concrete base eventually. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

So, they took The Bean, shrunk it down, made it a sphere, and propped it on top of stainless steel waves…

I think it’s the tallest sculpture downtown so far, maybe not as tall as the Fed Cthse black sculpture- maybe taller.  Clearly visible from I-4.

I like it.  The base should maybe be paved maybe 30’ in all directions (a circle) to draw more attention to it; sort of a viewing platform or whatever.

• Like 1

I like it too. It looks good, and probably will be lit up with color-changing lighting similar to the Pedestrian Bridge tower adjacent (hopefully coordinated).  The "Orb is mirror polished and offers cool reflections and light glint. 

Pretty cool looking if you ask me! 

• Like 1

So there is a walkway to the west, but I am unsure if they intend to build walkways/sidewalks to the pedestal.  Obviously, the OUT pedestrian bridge and ramp is there, but it would be cool to have a paved walkway across the green area to the "Orb" and to the other sidewalk. I will try to walk on the west side and get a picture from that perspective. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, JFW657 said:

Would be nice if they made a park out of it.

More trees, TREES, TREES!!!! 

Possibly a small fountain, maybe even at the base of the thingamajig?  

I was thinking fountain too, but then I felt like I was getting ahead of myself...bc of cost, etc.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I was thinking fountain too, but then I felt like I was getting ahead of myself...bc of cost, etc.

I'm thinking it may we'll be a fountain anyway.

Looking at this zoomed in view of the base, one might ask oneself if that isn't PVC pipe poking upwards and sticking out of the sides.....

Screenshot-20220610-081212.jpg

The upwards pipes could be for the shooting water jets and the horizontal pipes around the base could be water supply or feeder lines.  

And that wooden form looks like it's for the wall of a basin.  

Edit: May WELL, not may we'll.

Stupid autocorrect. 

• Confused 1