Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

4 hours ago, OrlandoBeaver said:

image.png.2442c227a1fa76054a765007f165c168.png

Here is the retail/commercial site plan being advertised for lease. A lot more retail space than I imagined, will be interesting to see what they end up putting in here... 

Who's doing the leasing?  Enough room for a Trader Joe's or Aldi. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smileguy said:

Who's doing the leasing?  Enough room for a Trader Joe's or Aldi. 

Aldi just opened their store at Colonial, so I doubt they'd move in there. Not sure I see Trader Joe's either - their current locations are Dr. Phillips and Winter Park (more upscale neighborhoods). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Aldi just opened their store at Colonial, so I doubt they'd move in there. Not sure I see Trader Joe's either - their current locations are Dr. Phillips and Winter Park (more upscale neighborhoods). 

Winter Park is close to becoming a million dollar store; maybe by next month.  when that happens, they'll open a 3rd central Florida location.

6 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I am all for as many 7 Elevens in DTO as they want to open. 

The more quick, easy and relatively cheap places to pop in, grab a coffee or a snack and be on your way, the better AFAIC.

If some 7E competitors want to jump in, the more the merrier.

I’d really rather have a Wawa (especially now that I’ve sworn off PubSubs).

• Thanks 1

Targets aren’t usually as close together as Publii and 7-Es (although Orlando has a lot more Targets than Jax does, I discovered). I wonder if they put more of them close together in places like Minneapolis.

Oh well, I’m content boiling shrimp and listening to “Ode To Joy” for the moment… (Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture celebrating Russia’s defeat of Napoleon is off the table this year in honor of Ukraine. Next up for our brave Ukraine folks - “Go West” by the Pet Shop Boys).

Edited by spenser1058

3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Anyone think that  DTO might be so lucky....

As to land ourselves a big ol' Buc-ee's?  

Afaik, those are only huge interstate affairs. Which seems appropriate, given they’re from Texas…

We could fit a Stuckey’s though - there used to be one at 535 and I4 and 46 and I4. Big ol’ pecan logs and maybe we could talk Chevron into letting @codypet have a Texaco!

Edited by spenser1058

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Afaik, those are only huge interstate affairs. Which seems appropriate, given they’re from Texas…

We could fit a Stuckey’s though - there used to be one at 535 and I4 and 46 and I4. Big ol’ pecan logs and maybe we could talk Chevron into letting @codypet have a Texaco!

Where at 535 and I4?  I do remember the SR 46 one.  

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It was on the southeast corner in front of where CrossRoads ended up (you could have thrown a rock at it from I4).

SE where the Golden Corral is today or SW where the Mobil Station currently sits.  I know that Mobil Station was rebuilt in the 90's and I remember it being considerably dumpy before its current design, but I don't recall it being a Stuckey's

On 7/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, JFW657 said:

Yes, that would be great but not likely at all.

Wawa, believe it or not, has a Gainesville location fronting University near the libraries BUT it is only the store; no gas pumps.  It's part of an urban mixed use development and is right on the sidewalk.  It's so bizarre; I didn't realize it was such a thing that they would open just the convenience store portion.  They do make them like that, so...you never know.

The Buc-cees in Daytona is nuts busy.  Orlando has The Mouse; Daytona has The Beaver.  That place is as busy as a Wal-Mart and 1/3 the size (like a small Winn-Dixie) or the Publix/Lucky's at Pineloch & Orange with a large kitchen.

If they build one in Orlando off of I-4, it would be ridiculous busy and could bust traffic patterns at the nearest exits.

We've got that Ace Cafe and they bring decent events, meet-ups, etc.  Imagine a Buc-cee's near there where all the street racers could fuel up and meet...  Amelia Exit just a block away...LOL.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, codypet said:

SE where the Golden Corral is today or SW where the Mobil Station currently sits.  I know that Mobil Station was rebuilt in the 90's and I remember it being considerably dumpy before its current design, but I don't recall it being a Stuckey's

The Stuckey’s was there before Disney opened and remained for a couple of years and then became a big souvenir shop. Let me correct that it was in the NE corner - my bad.