Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

1 hour ago, jack said:

391 (if true) would make it one of the tallest buildings in downtown. Top 5. 

So Emporis says 350.  

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1591628/society-orlando-i-orlando-fl-usa

this site says 330  

https://floridayimby.com/2022/03/phase-one-of-pmgs-society-orlando-nears-topping-out-at-434-north-orange-avenue.html

I have seen 391 mentioned in this thread   

I am not since the number of floors has varied between 26 and 28.  I think it is over 380 but I am not positive.  I would love a definitive answer.  

16 hours ago, GregoryMCSE said:

Hey Man Nice Shot

Thx. I was at Amway at that confounded Michael Buble concert...don't ask...

I love this shot...it reminds me of a throw back shot from the 1940's of the Chicago lakefront near the old railyards because of the orientation of some of the buildings...  I'll post it when I find the image to illustrate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Thx. I was at Amway at that confounded Michael Buble concert...don't ask...

I love this shot...it reminds me of a throw back shot from the 1940's of the Chicago lakefront near the old railyards because of the orientation of some of the buildings...  I'll post it when I find the image to illustrate.

I was wondering about the location where the photo was taken.  You don’t often see this view downtown. Nice work.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gtothree2748 said:

365C10B1-E15D-4550-A311-0EB0B8A36C5B.thumb.jpeg.451cd89428fee6173afd7568e7b1026f.jpegTower 2?

Let's hope so. I've missed out on a lot of exercise not having a reason to go downtown and take pictures. I don't know why but construction soothes me

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Could be.

Or, it's possible that crane might just be there to lift materials required for the north side of the pedestal that the tower crane can't reach. 

Guess we'll see soon enough.  :thumbsup:  

Damn it. You're likely right. 

Here's a real question for anybody. We don't really see it much in Orlando, but I know they do in Miami and maybe some of you have the experience. But if you're building two towers right next to each other, be at the same project or from the same people? Wouldn't you rather have that second tower up before the first people move in so that they're not dealing with the noise? Or is that just not a thing anymore because of this whole thing about doing things in phases.

31 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Once the 2nd tower rises, those units on tower 1 facing due north will peer right into the units facing south of the other tower, vice versa. 
I wonder if this will impact their ability to lease out the units.

Hmmmm, maybe will get a peep show going like that place on the High Line in NYC that’s an exhibitionists’ paradise!?!

It could be the best thing since Balcony Bingo…

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1