Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

18 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Once the 2nd tower rises, those units on tower 1 facing due north will peer right into the units facing south of the other tower, vice versa. 
I wonder if this will impact their ability to lease out the units.

Don't they look over the pool too?

20 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Here's a real question for anybody. We don't really see it much in Orlando, but I know they do in Miami and maybe some of you have the experience. But if you're building two towers right next to each other, be at the same project or from the same people? Wouldn't you rather have that second tower up before the first people move in so that they're not dealing with the noise? Or is that just not a thing anymore because of this whole thing about doing things in phases.

I asked that too, but the consensus was that from a construction phasing standpoint, it would be better to top off and keep going with the 2nd tower.  Which means by movein they'd just be working on the finishing on the 2nd tower.  Which isn't the worst thing in the world.  Now if they don't build tower two.  That would be a problem.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Once the 2nd tower rises, those units on tower 1 facing due north will peer right into the units facing south of the other tower, vice versa. 
I wonder if this will impact their ability to lease out the units.

Eh...that's city living (well, the closest you'll get to it in Orlando). From our unit in Camden Thornton Park, Star Tower units can see straight in and we can see into some Star Tower units. The same for Thornton/Lake Eola, you can see into some units, even at ground level to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Don't they look over the pool too?

I asked that too, but the consensus was that from a construction phasing standpoint, it would be better to top off and keep going with the 2nd tower.  Which means by movein they'd just be working on the finishing on the 2nd tower.  Which isn't the worst thing in the world.  Now if they don't build tower two.  That would be a problem.

I would imagine they do what makes the most sense from a financial perspective.

Get tower one built and begin selling/leasing out units to get cash flowing.

Then, by the time they finish tower 2, tower one will be partially or mostly occupied and generating income.

I doubt the residents' comfort weighs very heavily in the process. 

Probably states in whatever agreements new residents sign that they understand that there will be construction going on for x amount of time and some inconvenience may occur.

That all having been said, I doubt the noise will be all that bad anyway. Especially once the preliminary work is done and they begin pouring the floors.

3 hours ago, bqknight said:

Eh...that's city living (well, the closest you'll get to it in Orlando). From our unit in Camden Thornton Park, Star Tower units can see straight in and we can see into some Star Tower units. The same for Thornton/Lake Eola, you can see into some units, even at ground level to be honest. 

Heck, walking your dog at dusk you can look into basically anyone's home. 

On 8/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, prahaboheme said:

That picture above illustrates just how close those interior units will be to their fellow neighbors. Will those upper floors have any view at all aside from the unit across the way?

Yeah it is close (couldn't be me), but some renters will pay a little extra for a perimeter unit if it bothers them that much. Maybe the upper interior floors of the taller tower will have views above the shorter tower since it's supposed to be a tiered design. Imagine if all 3 towers from the original design were built, now that would be way too close for comfort! I think the 2 towers are a decent compromise. Sheer curtains will allow views to the outdoors and allow sunlight to filter inside while providing some privacy if they want to walk around in the buff during the daytime.

There are several buildings downtown that are in close proximity with other units or buildings. Just a downside to the design, but no different from living in more developed cities (like NYC) where their only views are of neighboring buildings, or worse... brick walls. When I bought my unit, I did a lot of research to ensure my Lake Eola views would not be obstructed. That said, renters and owners have their own unique criteria that they can tolerate.

I think we've been spoiled downtown with slow growth and lack of development, some stand alone buildings were getting used to--and expecting-- unobstructed views until the neighboring lot got developed (poor Star Tower folk).

Edited by nite owℓ

On 8/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, prahaboheme said:

That picture above illustrates just how close those interior units will be to their fellow neighbors. Will those upper floors have any view at all aside from the unit across the way?

you can see people filming themselves on 55W from The Plaza, and that's not even across the street; there's an entire block between buildings.

but Sanctuary to 101 Eola and 520 Church- those are very close; as is 420 Artisan and Star; Waverly from the eastern facade windows of Capital Plaza...etc...

3 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

you can see people filming themselves on 55W from The Plaza, and that's not even across the street; there's an entire block between buildings.

but Sanctuary to 101 Eola and 520 Church- those are very close; as is 420 Artisan and Star; Waverly from the eastern facade windows of Capital Plaza...etc...

When I was living at Bel Fontaine I used to enjoy the nighttime antics of an exhibitionist residing at Post Parkside…

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

When I was living at Bel Fontaine I used to enjoy the nighttime antics of an exhibitionist residing at Post Parkside…

You just reminded me of the naked people on the 7th floor of the Vue when I got into my car at the dumpy garage in Palmetto. I could only imagine how many rooms at that  hotel at JYP facing I-4 have the blinds open for those reasons.

Edited by codypet
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, codypet said:

You just reminded me of the naked people on the 7th floor of the Vue when I got into my car at the dumpy garage in Palmetto. I could only imagine how many rooms at that  hotel at JYP facing I-4 have the blinds open for those reasons.

...THAT...hotel...

you just gave me a good idea on a new place to go for a show...

1 minute ago, eq1974 said:

I been taking these update for monthly  comparisons on the 4th of each month but I noticed how pretty the sunset made the angle look this evening so I figured I would  the pic today on the 3rd. I don’t believe I caught that lighting bolt! It’s a first for me in any picture I’ve taken! Anyways, another month of work has gone by and now the crane is gone.

5103944C-0A9D-40EC-9345-0F1304A0D5ED.thumb.jpeg.fea2fce2090bc242d56e074598a4f1bc.jpeg

Great shot! Apparently all the cranes in town are now down at Epic..

48 minutes ago, eq1974 said:

I been taking these update for monthly  comparisons on the 4th of each month but I noticed how pretty the sunset made the angle look this evening so I figured I would  the pic today on the 3rd. I don’t believe I caught that lighting bolt! It’s a first for me in any picture I’ve taken! Anyways, another month of work has gone by and now the crane is gone.

That is a very cool photo, eq. 

I like that one room lit up in the third row from the top as a counter-balance to the lightning strike and sunset tones in the bottom right. 

Very good composition and balance in the photo.

Thank you for sharing! 

Edited by dcluley98

14 hours ago, eq1974 said:

5103944C-0A9D-40EC-9345-0F1304A0D5ED.thumb.jpeg.fea2fce2090bc242d56e074598a4f1bc.jpeg

Does the crane being gone have implications on the building of tower 2?