Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

8 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

Yep, I was responding to a post above.

Ah,  Yeah you know the darndest thing...in the Late 90's, I had those maps of cities where they would be angle view 3-d renderings of cities where all of the big buildings would be depicted.  For the Orlando map, it had Olympia Place drawn in there, name and all.  This thing must of had serious traction for a map company to have drawn it in probably anticipating that it would be built soon.  It was so weird.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Ah,  Yeah you know the darndest thing...in the Late 90's, I had those maps of cities where they would be angle view 3-d renderings of cities where all of the big buildings would be depicted.  For the Orlando map, it had Olympia Place drawn in there, name and all.  This thing must of had serious traction for a map company to have drawn it in probably anticipating that it would be built soon.  It was so weird.

Ha! I remember those maps and I think I recall that as well. I thought that one was happening.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Apartments are feverishly being constructed all across Florida. I think X Orlando gets built but it will probably be scaled back significantly. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we get only one high-rise tower and it’s under 250 feet.

Unfortunately, you're basing your hunch on a commonly shared past experience.

I think that bodes well for the viability of this project. I really do expect it to be built. It won’t look anything like the renderings, but to be honest, as much as I’d love another 400+ foot building or 3 towers with good-looking architecture, I’m fine that developers are adding more housing to Orlando’s downtown. I moved to St. Pete about 4 years and just moved back at the end of last year and I’m floored about how much Orlando has changed in just a couple of years. As long as the brunt of the change is concentrated downtown, I won’t complain too much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • sunshine changed the title to Golden Sparrow | Three-tower Residential [Proposed]

Honestly, I am hoping we just get the first two phases of X-Orlando before the crash. The development would look much better IMO with only the first two towers with the scale being more proportional and would keep a neat little greenspace alley down the middle of that block connecting Lynx Central and the courthouse! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Honestly, I am hoping we just get the first two phases of X-Orlando before the crash. The development would look much better IMO with only the first two towers with the scale being more proportional and would keep a neat little greenspace alley down the middle of that block connecting Lynx Central and the courthouse! 

There is no crash forthcoming.

40 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Fake news

Way-ole, don't blame DJT when it happens, b/c it's been predicted ever since BHO was the executive.  Just remember the Fed gets what the Fed wants, when it wants, and when I say "Fed" I don't mean the federal govt..

2 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

This looks like a nightmare.

https://www.xmiami.co/

I can imagine the board meeting "yeah, make it cool. say "EPIC POOL DECK" and "HUGE GYM" that will get those suckers...

they've got no rendering of the actual tower.

But, there's another thing they don't have:  "no gross carpets."

Great real estate pitch.  I wonder who they're catering to...