Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

28 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Just messin' around IAF, as the youngest child in my household, I was the "remote control" for the TV back in the day. 

I think we all were back in the days of old. 

I always knew there had to be some reason dad kept me around.... :unsure:

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think we all were back in the days of old. 

I always knew there had to be some reason dad kept me around.... :unsure:

Think of all of us baby boomers who were landscaping slaves mowing yards and pulling weeds (Tony Dow pushing a lawn mower was even part of the opening titles for Leave It To Beaver) in the 'burbs as teenagers. The baby bust came and the lawns haven't been the same since.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

Back in the day we had the push button remote control box with about 15' of cable.  (see attached)

It apparently didn't reach quite as far as my little brother wanted it to reach.  He got a pair of scissors, cut the cord, and was very angry that it no longer worked.  He wasn't nearly as angry as my parents, though.

box.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOW. 

Per GS. It's Central Station on Orange that is appealing X Orlando. 

"image.png.65074b57853d91d8f91d245e1a2094ee.png

They did note that X Orlando nearly tripled it's commercial space from their original proposal, it will now include 120,000 Sqft of space. 

image.png.932820fc71a8030007b9bc77aacb78da.png

The rest of the article makes the developer of X Orlando sound great. Wanting to really benefit Orlando. Help with Gertrude's Walk. 

Go away Central Station. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

My only question is, what kind of promises did Buddy make to them? Remember all the hoopla surrounding the announcement and then we were immediately depressed by the thought of a Kirkman Road apartment complex plopped down on Orange Avenue.

that is a very good question.  Who knows...  imagine the promises that will have to be made to the Magic to get their digs started...

So Crescent sold to these new guys (UBS) pretty quickly I might add; they flipped it pretty quick.  And they already had several retail tenants.  Hmmm.  Maybe there isn't anything there.

Maybe UBS contemplated that nothing would go there for a very long time (competition (retail) to courthouse traffic etc.).  Bogus complaint.  They've got 8 storefronts in there now (7-Eleven doing build out but paying rent).  

• Thanks 1

The current owner is not the developer. The original developer sold it to UBS shortly after completion. It was Crescent properties or something, and the complex was original to be called Crescent Central station.  They sold it off for a profit, and now are the developer of Novel Lucerne.  

• Thanks 1

Growthspotter writer pretty quickly debunked a lot of the UBS claims even. This probably gets rejected quickly as sour grapes.

Bonifay argues the new PMG plans also don't live up to requirements in a 2013 agreement with Lynx that the property become a Transit-Oriented Development, specifically one that's pedestrian friendly on the western side by the bus and train station.

But PMG's latest plan, with the added commercial space, should live up to that Lynx agreement and activate the building's western side.

She contends that PMG and its general contractor, ARCO/Murray, have no viable staging plan for construction materials that won't impact the UBS-owned apartment building.

But that point fails to consider Miami-based investor Midtown Opportunities, which owns the 434 N. Orange site with PMG under contract, also owns a mostly vacant parking lot less than one block to the northeast. A deal to stage construction trailers and equipment there is anticipated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Here's my response to Central Station:  tough sh!t.  Your asset should've been a high rise.  So, now a concrete high rise charging similar rents will make the wood frame structure seem like a piece of crap...because...that's what it actually is.  But if you stifle the competition, the piece of crap is what we're left with. and thereby laud.  It's like an A1A motel telling the city commission not to allow a 4-star property to be built next door for the same reason.  Puh-leeze...

BLOOP! Only tea was spilled here! 

Edited by W7edwin
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, I am Reality said:

Look somewhat familiar?  This is a condo/hotel proposal in Houston.  

This is much more appealing.  It's less dense, the pedestal works a lot better, and it doesn't have weeds growing all over it.

IMG_0800.JPG

This is actually quite terrible. Is it Baker Barrios? Houston can have it.

3 minutes ago, sunshine said:

The two buildings are acceptable but the circle structure though.....if you put an "A" in the middle, it can be the Avengers HQ.

I kinda like the circle thing, but the giant 'Murican flag hanging in the center of it looks a bit tacky. Or pretentious. Not sure exactly which.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

The two buildings are acceptable but the circle structure though.....if you put an "A" in the middle, it can be the Avengers HQ.

I prefer that Darth Vader helmet looking HQ for the Legion of Doom on Superfriends.

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I kinda like the circle thing, but the giant 'Murican flag hanging in the center of it looks a bit tacky. Or pretentious. Not sure exactly which.

I agree b/c it's not a government building.  That being said, if you go to Vancouver or Montreal,  you can spot dozens of Canadian flags hanging on the sides of office buildings.  It's an interesting phenomenon.  

6 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I prefer that Darth Vader helmet looking HQ for the Legion of Doom on Superfriends.

I agree b/c it's not a government building.  That being said, if you go to Vancouver or Montreal,  you can spot dozens of Canadian flags hanging on the sides of office buildings.  It's an interesting phenomenon.  

I would imagine that if it gets built, they'll be changing the flag throughout the year, based on which sports season it is.

Football season would bring a flag with the Texans' team logo. Basketball season would see the Rockets' logo. Baseball season - the Astros. The 'Murican flag would probably be reserved for the 4th of July, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day etc.